Chapter 6

Echo^^^

Rion POV

"Are you sure it's okay to leave him with her in the room?" A deep voice whispered. I wanted to open my eyes, but it felt as if they were glued shut.

"Of course. She's fine right now. Besides, Arson is there to stop anything crazy from happening." I picked up the other voice as the girl with the British accent. Jinx.

"That's what you said last time, remember?" The other voice rushed a bit heatedly. It was then that I realized that my eyes were covered with a soft material. I couldn't open my eyes and even if I could, I would still be in this twisted predicament. Aside from that, my hand were tied together and my feet to the chair I was currently sitting in.

I felt a hand brush through my hair. I felt myself suppress a whimper as I began to wonder who it was. Maybe it was Alex. Yeah, that definitely had to be it. He was going to save me.

"We have things to do, Milo. Get your ass going or I'll kick your teeth in." I heard Jinx bite out.

With a growl and a slam, the ambiance grew quiet. Where was I?

"Who are you?" I whispered hoarsely.

I felt the material loosen and fall to the ground. I didn't want to open my eyes. I didn't want reality to consume me.

If the smell was anything to go by, I'd say a five year old was petting me. This person smelled like pure candy and fruit spray. Taking this as some possible good sign, I decided to open my eyes. Squinting them slowly I managed to make out the colors black, pastel blue, and pink. I blinked some more and let the image of a girl seep in.

"Boo."  She giggled.

I breathed in deeply as she continued to play with my hair. She had a short bob style cut. Her hair color was split vertically with black on one side and pastel blue and pink on the other. Her attire was definitely like a five year old. She was like a teenage porcelain doll. 

"What are you doing?" I breathed.

"Playing with your hair. It's very nice. Soft. I try to play with Arson's hair sometimes but he doesn't let me. He has the scariest glare! Besides it's too shaggy. But your hair! It's so fluffy. I just have to play with it!" She laughed. I looked over to the right and saw a stoic Arson. I would definitely bet that his kid wasn't even eighteen yet.

"Where am I? Where have they brought me?"

"I was told not to tell you. Jinxy would kill me."

"Please I need to know. Wait how did I get here? I remember getting in a car... and then..." I shook my head as I attempted to regain my memories.

"Ooo they probably slipped a pill or two when you were crying. Jinxy said you were bawling your eyes out. I'm really sorry about your house. Arson, you're such a jerk!" She glared over at the young boy who merely shrugged.

"This can't be happening to me." I whispered incredulously.

"It's okay! You're safe here. That's why it's called the safe house. Oh!" She covered her mouth as if she had confessed the secret of a life time.

"I know that. That doesn't exactly give away the location." I grumbled.

"Oh okay, good. I'm safe too. See, the power of the safe house!"

I merely stared at her in confusion.

"I am Echo." She smiled. "That over there is Arson, but you know that. He burned your house down." She smiled. I wasn't too sure if she was oblivious or insensitive, or perhaps a balanced combination of the two.