Chapter 2. Nate is my Mate?

No. This couldn't be happening.

"How could you be my mate, you're only a nerd!"

"How could you be my mate, you're only a delinquent!" He quickly replied. I was shocked at his choice of words. A second ago we was being nice and now he's calling me names. To be fair, I called him a nerd but in my defence, he looks like one.

I clenched my fists as his harsh words spat at me with fury. I wanted to punch him right in the face but a part of me felt the urge to kiss his cute nerdy face at the same time.

Uh oh. I think I'm falling for him and I barely know him.

I scuffled back into my seat as he took the pen and neatly put it in his pencil case. I really didn't know what my emotions were and any moment I could just wolf out. Loads of people do that. Last year, there was this girl who had anger issues and she would always wolf out and break things and cause chaos. She got suspended, though.

The bell rang and it was time to get out of this boring lesson. Thank God.

I packed the bags and walked out of class straight away. I needed to get away from everyone. I didn't expect to find my mate this way. I always thought Liam was my mate. I felt a connection when we kissed but when I touched Nathan's hand, I felt something stronger. It's hard to explain.

I went over to my next lesson which was PE. I walked over to my usual spot in the girls changing rooms and got changed and went out onto the field. Everyone was standing there stretching and the one person that caught my eye was Nathan. I looked away quickly and pretended I didn't see him.

Me and Jake shared this class so I'm glad that I can talk to him.

"Hey." I strolled over to him.

Jake didn't even reply. His eyes were fixed on our new PE teacher. Miss Morris. She looked about 23 and probably weighed less than my neighbours cat.

"You're such a perv" I nudged him.

"No I'm not." He said, his eyes still on her.

"My point, exactly."

Before he could reply, she started talking.

"Hello, everyone. I'm Miss Morris, your new PE teacher and today we'll be doing baseball. So we need 2 people to be team captains. Who would like to do that?" Miss Morris asked. She seemed nice.

Instantly, Samantha and Rogan put their hands up to be team captains. They're the most overconfident wolves in our class and they're really snobby. They could definitely fit with my family.

They started picking teams and me and Jake were put on Rogan's team and Samantha had Nathan on her team. Not that it mattered, anyway.

The game was quite boring until it was my turn to bat. I'm really bad at batting. Everyone is really athletic because we're wolves but some people are too competitive. The guy that was bowling had a scary face. I think his name is Finn. I never noticed he was in my class until now.

Suddenly, the ball came charging at me and in one shot I hit it with all my strength and it went super far. I started running around the bases and everyone was cheering me on. That's when it all came crashing down. When I was running past the third base, I bumped into Nathan and we both went flying.

He landed right in top of me and I realised that his glasses had came off. He's actually quite hot without his glasses. I could get used to that guy being my mate. But I can't deny my feelings for Liam too. He's been my boyfriend for 3 years and I honestly thought we could be together forever. Until I met Nathan.