Chapter 8: A Foetus in Your Mother's Uterus.

Start from the beginning

Kayla sniffed. “It’s the only school in the district.”

“—and I hate hate, I have decided to make you give up your hate for each other. And since you only just cleaned the graffiti yesterday, and there won’t be another one until next week for you to clean, I am going to have to make you work together some other way. After school. For a week.”

What?” We both yelled, but he ignored us, so we shut up and listened.

“On a school project for charity. See, we are trying to sell all the second hand stuff people have donated, to get money, obviously. But we need publicity. So Kayla will do the photos with Jake advertising the second hand apparel for guys. I think you’ll do better than that Eric guy, because he looks kind of ‘pretty’. Don’t be sad Kayla, maybe he’ll work out for the kid’s section. Can’t help the fact that the guy you like has a baby face.”

“For the last time Mr. Baxter, I do not like Eric!!” She said, blushing furiously.

“Never said you did.”

Oh, so she liked Eric, did she? Filed away for further use.

“Also, you’ll be modelling for the shoes to be sold, since you’ve always had pretty legs. And of course, Courtney will do the clothing line because of her, erm, assets.”

“Her fake boobs, you mean. You are such a big pervert. I’ll be sure to never ever show you my legs.”

Oh god. I’ll never get over the fact that our principal gossips about Courtney’s boobs. Although, they are sort of big. And when she talks to you, they keep jiggling, like she wants you to look at them. Oh, and she goes braless quite frequently too.

Really, she should do a porno flick. Her ‘assets’ are totally wasted at our school. No pun intended on the wasted part.

Principal Baxter coughed.

“Maybe you can do the hats too Kayla. You have pretty hair.”

“Okay, calm down Kayla. No matter how much your perverted principal creeps you out, covering your hair is an entirely unnecessary step. Deep breaths, deep breaths.”

“You said that out loud, Kayla.”

“I know. By the way, if I’m going to be posing for hats and shoes, who’s going to photograph me?”

“Stop thinking that the universe revolves around you, Kayla. There are other photographers here. Carter will do it.”

“Carter? As in the guy who I haven't heard talking yet?”

Carter? Poor Alyssa, she won’t get him alone after school. Carter was always the shy quite type. God only knows how Alyssa managed to make him like her. He must have been scared stiff of her.

“Yes.”

“What makes you think that I want to be in front of the camera? I suffer from stage fright, for god’s sake!”

“That is the thing about punishment. It makes you do things you don’t want to.” Mr. Baxter drawled. I kind of admired him for the easy way with which he handled Kayla’s tantrums.

“But my photos won’t come out well! I’ll get nervous. Nobody wants to buy stuff that is advertised by a constipated looking female.”

“You got that right.” I muttered.

And that was the first time I ever agreed with what Kayla said. She glared at me.

Suddenly Mr. Baxter turned serious.