Chapter 13: His Trauma and Lover Part 3

Free was positioned on a building above the Number while Crimson snuck up on the him from behind. They were both ready to lunge at him quickly. The winger Number had long since taken off Crimson's cloak so his wings would be free. Sure, he would be cold, but the body warms when exercise was introduced.

Crimson gave him the signal while he inched closer; the winged Number swooped down and kicked the Number right in in head while Crimson threw a kunai knife at him.

Well, that was the intention.

Instead, the rogue Number dodged the knife and caught Free's foot. He threw the winged Number straight into a building with amazing strength, enough to make the building collapse on top of Free. He then ran off quickly.

"Free!" Crimson cried, rushing to his lover and ignoring the fallen knife on the ground. He dug Free out of the rubble and picked him up tenderly. The Number groaned at the pain in his head, for that was where most of the damage was. He was bleeding from a cut the ice made. There were more injuries, but those were less severe.

The young ninja put Free on his back and sprinted in the direction that the Number ran off in. On the way, he dropped Free off at an inn, paying the innkeeper for the short stay and then ran off again after giving the Number a quick kiss on the forehead. He then used his Light Step, a technique he learned when he was but a child that got him places at the speed of light, to catch up to the villain. Using the Light Step was risky because while everything looked to be going at normal speed, he was actually running at high speed. He would need to know when to slow down, and that came with practice. There was also the part about needing really strong leg muscles, which had to be developed during early childhood and under vigorous training.