Chapter 7: Exiting Number Territory

We once again bunch up to stay close together in case someone attacks. According to Crimson, we have yet to cross a border that, so he hasn't yet shared with us what we would need to do to infiltrate the walls of the Humans. This is fine by me since I do not feel like talking at the moment.

After hours more of walking around, we seem to cross a border without warning. The atmosphere changes a little, but it is detectable. I know that we all feel it since most of us pause as soon as we cross to take in the change. Crimson, who has gone through many territories on missions, does not seem to mind the change.

"We've gone into the Floral Territory," Crimson states with his hands on his hips. "These borders will throw you into random territories if you do not know where to go."

"Wait, what!?" For the first time, Bura seems like he's in a panic. "What the hell does-"

"Relax, will you? I came along for this purpose. I know which borders go where, so relax your hormones." He waves off Bura's worry. "Besides, I need some things from the territories before we get to the Human World."

"Like what?" I ask.

He grins under his mask. "Supplies. Vines, poison, those kinds of things. Each region has something special that we need."

"Vines? Poison?" Bura sighs. "That's it? We need to hurry and save Mom!"

"Bura, calm down," Amber says. "It'd be nice to see other places, too. Just be patient."

"Besides, the Humans would have probably made some kind of force field to keep us out," Crimson points out. "If they found a way to get here, then they've found a way to keep us out."

"Is that really possible? What if they've only made technology to get here?" I ask Crimson. "That could be another possibility, no?"

Crimson nods. "Yes. That could be another one, but it is better to be prepared than to pay for it later." When he finishes the sentence, he freezes, sensing around. Something isn't right if he's stopped.

Something lunges out of the greenery. It's something slender, dangerous, and deadly. We barely dodge the attack, but it only whips around for a second round.

"Get down!" Crimson calls in a very urgent tone.

We all immediately throw ourselves to the ground before the creature attacks again. We remain that way for almost an eternity before it stops. I slowly get up and sense the area, feeling nothing out of the ordinary.

"I do not think it will attack again," I say softly, but by the look on Crimson's face, there is still danger.

I hear a sound behind me. I quickly whip around to get face-to-face with the sound only to get bit by something.

~.Black Mist.~

"Nova!" I scream, punching the creature dead in the face. It gives a shriek, unlike Nova, who didn't even utter a sound.

I take Nova in my arms and lift him up to my back while Crimson examines the dragon.

"What a fine beast this is," he mumbles under his breath, taking out some poison from its teeth into a vial.

I look over to the unconscious creature. It's a medium size and slender. It's legs are sturdy, and its tail is long. It has grass-like scales and flowers gathering on its body. Its wings are brown and in perfect proportion to its body.

"Bah! A fine beast, yes, but let us not forget that it bit Nova!" I snarl. "The moment it wakes up, I will kill it and eat it raw!" As I say this, my brother's body becomes cold and clammy, as if he were ill with the influenza virus. "Where can we get the antidote?"

"There is a village around here. I have some of the poison; a friend of mine should be able to make an antidote." He hands the vial to Bura. "Take this."

"Why me??"

"Because I said so." He pushes it into his white hands and walks off. Bura growls and places it in his cloak.

Crimson leads the way to a village, and we soon make it there in a few minutes. During those minutes, Nova's condition only gets worse. His breathing is very heavy, too much to be a sign of good health. Hopefully, we can find an antidote quickly.

Crimson senses that Nova is getting worse and places a hand on my shoulder. "Worry not, my king. The person I am going to meet is very skilled in her craft. She will be able to help your brother before the poison settles in." He turns to Amber and Bura. "First, I will take my king and prince to an inn so that they can rest. Then, the both of you will accompany me to the place I need to go."

We all nod. The ninja takes us to an inn as promised. He even gets the innkeeper to gives us an antidote that will slow down the poison in my brother's blood.

I watch Nova sleep. He looks peaceful for now, but I know all too well that if he isn't healed, he will not look so peaceful.

~.Crimson.~

"Hurry it up, you two!" I command to the two brats behind me, Amber and Bura. "We need to see if this is curable or not!"

"Whatever, whatever," the one in the cloak, Bura, huffs. "Why do I have to carry the vial, anyway?"

"Because I say so!"

"Would you just stop being such a selfish bitch?"

"Excuse you, but I am not the one that bullied Nova for my own entertainment!" I snap. "Now, shut up and do what I tell you!"

"Why do you even call him that stupid name?"

"Bura!" Amber scolds. "Just stop it! It's just as good as Astral, okay?"

Bura scoffs. "You've changed, you know? Ever since he crossed the damn border, you've been taking his side in everything! Seriously, you used to participate in-"

"Well, that was when we were little! Neither of us knew any better!"

"Enough, both of you," I intervene calmly. "We don't want to cause a random scene."

The two glare at each other and continue to follow me. We soon reach a house in the village. I knock on the door three times before it opens.

A woman comes out with pale green skin and darker green hair that resembles leaves. Her dress is the color of a lily with the sleeves a light shade of green. The bottom of her dress forms the shape of the flower. On her feet are white tights and light green flats. Her eyes are a light pink, and her hair reaches to her waist.

"Sei!" she exclaims. "How have you been?"

We hug a friendly hug. "Good, good! How about you, Crystal?"

Crystal pulls away from me, and we hold each other at arms length. "I've been fine! Are you on another mission?"

"I am actually assisting them. One of my comrades has fallen ill to poison. Can you help?"

"Of course! Come in!"