Chapter 2*

-

Around 10pm that same night as I was changing off to go to bed, my phone buzzed on the other side of the room.

I sighed, walking over to it and picking it up. It was a text from a number I've never seen before but it was in my area code, so I decided to respond.

-

Unknown: Hey

Me: Hi?

-

I turned off my bedroom light and put on the fan since it was really hot out that day, before crawling into bed for the night. I watched as the unknown number began to type again.

-

Unknown: What's up?

Me: Who is this?

Unknown: Take a wild guess?

Me: Daniel? Did you get a new number?

Unknown: Guess again...

-

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breathe as I typed back.

-

Me: Please don't tell me this is who I think it is...

Unknown: Well if their name starts with an L you've got yourself a bingo ;-)

Me: What do you want Luke? How did you get my number?

Luke: Idk. I know people...

-

I wanted to end that conversation as soon as possible. He started typing again but quickly stopped. Then continued again.

-

Luke: We are partners now so I needed your number for school reasons... Nothing more, don't get your panties in a twist

Me: Ok fine, but I'm going to bed so I'll see you in class tomorrow I guess.

Luke: You're really going to bed this early?

Me: Yes, why? Do you have a problem with that?

Luke: No I don't, but I just thought you'd want to chat

Me: Why the fuck would I want to chat? I'm going to bed, I'll see you in class...

Luke: Whatever... Goodnight

-

Who the fuck gave him my number? I was livid.

I plugged my phone in besides my bed and decided to sleep, the only thought on my mind was dread towards the next 179 days of sitting next to working with Luke. I guess I could kiss my good grades goodbye.

I laid there, staring blankly up at the ceiling for a few minutes. The fan kept blowing my long, dirty blonde hair into my face. I groaned as I took the hair tie from around my wrist and tied my hair up so it wouldn't bother me anymore.

Before I could even realize it, my exhaustion got the best of me and I was out like a light.

-

The next day went by pretty quickly and then 10th period came along once again.

Today, Brooklyn was absent. I was pretty irritated by it since it was only the 2nd day of school, but that explains in a nutshell pretty well the type of student that she was.

I sat down at my seat and looked over at Forris who was sitting at his desk, feet up on it, using his phone.

Luke came, hopping over the empty desk in front of ours before sitting down in his chair.