"This is really beautiful, I haven't heard the song, but I really like the lyrics." I stated. Luke smiled. "Thanks. I think we're going to sing it this weekend at this pub we're playing at. You should come." he said. I felt my stomach do flips by him asking me to come to a preformance of his. I really liked seeing him sing and have fun on stage. "I'll come." I answered, nudging his shoulder.

We were quiet for a while, just staring at the sky. "It'll be alright with your friends you know? They'll get over it." I smiled. Luke shrugged. "Yeah. I just feel like I have to please everyone you know? I hate it because if I don't hang out with Claire she'll get pissed and throw a huge fight and if I dont hang out with my friends they'll get angry and say that I'm stupid because I'm letting Claire control me. I know it's kind of true, but I don't know what to do about it you know? No one really cares how I feel about the whole thing? Do they really think I like that my girlfriend doesn't get along with my friends?" Luke muttered, a frown on his face.

I felt bad for Luke, I really did. He gets told that he did the wrong thing all the time, even though he really tried to do the right thing. He wanted everyone around him to be happy, but he didn't care about his own happiness.

"You should think more about your own happiness." I said to Luke. He locked eyes with me and I felt how my pulse quickened. It was weird how all I wanted was for him to be happy, I cared so much about him that it almost hurt. I didn't know why I felt like I did towards him, but I couldn't stop it. Luke was this kind hearted person who needed people to care about him and I wanted to be one of those people to him.

"But people around me will get mad if I think about myself, I can't be that selfish. " Luke sighed, running a hand through his hair. It was up in it's usual perfect quiff. "Sometimes we have to be selfish and the people we care about should respect that we need to be happy too." I explained to him. Luke furrowed his eyebrows, like he was thinking. "You're pretty smart, Vic." Luke smiled. I shrugged. "Not in math. I'm going to fail that stupid math test." I groaned.

Luke started giggling. "Math isn't that difficult. I could tutor you until our math test, if you want to of crouse?" Luke asked. I looked suprised at Luke who gave me a shy smile. "Really? Would you do that?" I asked. Luke nodded. "Of course. We're friends. I don't want you to fail.". Luke saw me as a friend? I was suprised, but happy. Even though I kind of wanted to be more, I just wanted to be close to him and to be friends would him would be nice.

After school, Luke asked if I wanted to study math with him since he was going to hang out with Claire when she was done at college. So I ended up driving with him.

When we came up to my apartment, I told Luke that he could sit down in the kitchen and I would come soon. I just grabbed two glasses of water before I sat down beside him. He scooted closer to me so he could read the pages better. Luke's hand was brushing my own all the time whenever he would flip a page in the math book or write something. I also noticed how our knees were brushing because of how close we sat. It was hard focusing when we were this close to each other.

"So you have to derive this." Luke explained and I nodded slowly, trying to remember how to derive. Luke was staring at me with hopeful eyes as I started writing down what I thought was correct. I quickly turned to Luke who grinned. "That's correct.". I squealed and high fived Luke as we both started laughing.

Luke helped me a bit more and it was hard not to just grab his hand when they were brushing all the time, but I didn't do that because I knew that would be awkward.

Suddenly the apartment door opened and Claire stood there, glaring at us. Luke coughed and pulled his chair a bit away from me. "Hey Claire, I was just tutoring Victoria in math, right?" he asked me and I nodded slowly. "Why are you tutoring her?" she scoffed. "Because she needs help." Luke stated as he stood up so he could walk over to Claie. He quickly pecked her lips, but Claire was still glaring at me.

"Are we going to have that movie night now?" Luke asked, wrapping his arms around her waist. Claire furrowed her eyebrows. "What movie night?" she asked, making Luke tense up. "You suggested that we had a movie night last night when I told you I was going to Ashton's house." he sighed, a frown on his face. 

"I have plans today, Luke. I totally forgot about it, I'm so sorry." she pouted. Luke faked a smile. "It's alright." he muttered. "Thanks babe, you're the best. I was just going to put my school stuff in the apartment. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?" she asked, kissing him once again. I turned away and looked down at my math book.

I heard them talk a bit more before Claire walked away and I heard Luke sigh loudly. He sat down beside me again with a hurt expression. "I gave up my plans today just for her and she doesn't even care about our plans and plans something with someone else." he whispered. I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Luke. That sucks." I whispered and before I knew what I was doing, I grabbed his hand. My eyes widened and I was about to pull away, but Luke just intertwined our fingers as he looked down at the table. I couldn't hide my smile as I stared at our intertwined hands. His hand was so warm and I just really liked holding his hand.

It didn't look like Luke was going to let go of my hand anytime soon and when he started tracing his thumb on the back of my hand I was really suprised. "Thank, Vic." Luke mumbled as he too, stared down at our hands. "For what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "For always being here. I mean you don't ditch me and you're really good at comforting me." he chuckled, running a hand through his hair.

We were quiet for a while, but it was a comfortable silence and I squeezed Luke's hand after some time. His beautiful, crystal blue eyes trailed up to my own and I couldn't look away from them. "What do you say about having a movie night with me?" I asked, standing up. He let go of my hand which made me a bit disappointed, but I knew we had to let go sooner or later. Luke started grinning as he nodded. "That sound like a plan, Vic." he winked, running over to the couch like a little kid which was really adorable to be honest.

I just stood there and stared at him for some time before Luke giggled. "You coming or what?". I giggled too, shaking my head so I could focus again. "I'm coming, I'm coming." I laughed, sitting down right beside him. "Let's watch mission impossible." he mumbled as he scooted closer to me.