chapter 4

Apologies for taking so long but I have GCSE's and I'm below target so updates will happen, just so slowly you will want to rip your own face off. or more likely mine.

~*~*~*~*~*amaimon's pov*~*~*~*~

I was walking around the forest with behemoth like every other day, well except from when I'm helping brother. I was Chatting with the guardian of this forest, He looks like a giant moth and communicates by buzzing. This is so boring all he's saying is that he wants his underlings to have more protection from the exorcists, what does he want me to say? That I will risk my life for his little forest, I have all the forests on the earth to protect it's not my problem that his forest is next to brothers exorcist training school. A great scent brought me out of my thoughts, I'll end this conversation quickly.
"guardian, I'm going to go now, but if it seems fun I may help" I answered bored and wanting to follow the scent. Behemoth sees me prepare to jump and follows my actions, I jump from tree to tree until I reached the edge of the forest. The scent was a bit stronger here. Good, but then little brother came to play. YAY. Brother never comes to play did I forget a special occasion? Did I kidnap a loved one? Nope. Well I guess it's just my lucky day. I jumped down from my tree to greet younger brother.
"hello brother" I spoke.
Rin looked up at me, and growled. YAY, brother really does want to play.
"amaimon! There you are, what are you doing here?" rin asked confused and angry, well brother is being slow again, he doesn't even realise that he is starting a game. Then I caught that weird smell again, I could play with brother or I could find the source of the smell, hmmmmm what to do, what to do. Wait, the smell could be near the candy shop, brother has given me money recently. but brother doesn't want to play very often decisions, decisions.
"amaimon, answer me" rin stated rather loudly but I think I will forgive him.
"let's play brother" I stated :D
"no amaimon, the last time we 'played' you almost killed all my friends, we destroyed half the forest and we both nearly died" -_- rin answered
"do I have to kidnap a loved one every time we play?" I questioned
Rin growled angrily at me and leaped at me unsheaving the kurikara sword, suddenly engulfed in blue flames and swung at me but I easily avoided his attack. "you used to be better at fighting brother, why do you need more motivation then to play?" I questioned perched in a new tree.
"that's because I don't want to 'play' amaimon" rin stated. I sighed and jumped to take rins sword, which I did with ease.
"so you can defeat father but you can't defend against me, you seem to be losing your touch brother" I taunted. Waving rins sword around and I sheaved and un-sheaved the sword watching brother burst into flames and just for them to evaporate. Then I jumped next to him, he tried to take his sword back with boring and easily readable movements. What has happened to him? I understand brother hasn't been giving him as many physical training lessons since he beat father but for him to be this out of shape I will speak to brother about it. Well it won't be any fun to play with brother whilst he's like this. I threw brothers sword back at him, which he had trouble catching.
"your no fun like this brother" I started with a sigh "come play with me when you are going to be any fun" I then lept over him then going building to building until I reached the candy shop. I walked in with some of the allowance brother gives me and started to look around the the small but colorful room. Smelling my way around, sorting the quality from the simpler human candys, I found a large collection of sweets that suited my current needs. I lifted my assortment of candys in to my pouch and gave it to the human who runs the store along with the paper payment brother gave me. She accepted and returned my sweets so I could leave. I decided now would be a good time to search for the interesting scent I smelt earlier. The closest place with a strong concentration of the scent was the outside of big brothers amusement Park, the scent is strong here whatever it is must be close. I followed the scent up the main streets and back paths, whatever created the scent either is incredibly lost or trying to cover it's tracks. I finally traced the scent to the entrance of a park. Walking through, I surprisingly got hit by a flying object flattening me to the ground, I started sniffing. MATE. The smell was MY mate I have finally found mine. I deeply breathed in her intoxicating scent from the source making it even better. She practically jumped off of me, making me miss the close proximity, And apologised with her head slightly bowed. Adorable, my adorable little human. Brother will be impressed and behemoth will want to meet his new friend. This will be great. She then spoke with her angelic little voice. "I am very sorry about that but what where you doing walking in front of the swings?" I quickly answered her question with the honest answer. "you smelt good" at this she seems to blush I was about to question it when she asked for my name which I am more than willing to answer for my little mate. "I am amaimon the demon king of earth" she seemed troubled by this and then her blush deepened confusing me more, I will have to ask brother about it. She looked to be thinking so I pulled out my sack of candys and took out a lollipop, I then grabbed another thinking about my mates needs. I handed one to her and she took it happily stating. "Thank you oh and I'm (Y/N)" then unwrapping the candy and putting it in her mouth, (Y/N) my mate. I assume that I spoke aloud as she looked up her (E/C) eyes sparkling with joy as she mumbled the word cherry, good. This means she knows her sweets and flavours , I'm so proud. I then heard brother calling me from the academy so I knew I would have to leave, for now. I then said, trying not to convey my sadness, "big brother is calling me so I will see you later then..." I then started to leave shouting my farewell but mumbling the end, big brother told me 'humans don't tend to appreciate being told in advanced' and brother tends to know best. I rushed to brothers office to tell him the good news, but was greeted with an unpleasant look on his face. "Amaimon please stop playing with rin, you are damaging school property and we need rin to relax on his training. If you cause more destruction it will come out of your candy budget" ignoring brothers rant I stated "brother I found my mate today" when I finished speaking a smirk found its way on to brothers face. "amaimon, I believe that it's time for me to go into greater depths with the explanation for mates" I then sat down to show big brother I am ready to here. "now amaimon as you already know mates are the other half to the soul, but when you are around her you are going to get... Urges, the first will be just being close but the urges will intensify with time, the next urges will be to mark her and mate with her, now here is the difficult part you must make sure she's comfortable with what you do. Because if your mate rejects you then you will grow weak and wither away" I sat taking in big brothers information. "alright brother" I then leapt out the window only just hearing him say a final message with an almost larger smirk then before "oh and you will be alot more possessive over her let's see if you calm demeanour can hold" with that I followed her scent to an almost abandoned building with very few lights I looked in to see her sleeping quietly. I called behemoth over to watch and protect her whilst I had to deal with other earth guardians.

Hope you enjoyed
XxX jess