a d o r a

t w e n t y - o n e [pilots ok]

i ran into the school and straight to luke's locker.

"whoa, are you crying?" he asked and worriedly searched my tear filled eyes.

"i'm freaking out. i have four missed calls from katy's home phone which means lolita tried to call me and i don't know why and i can't get ahold of them and i feel like a terrible sister because i didn't go to her and i-"

"shh, shh, just stop talking," he cut me off and cupped my cheeks so he could wipe my tears away, "she called me and i went to take care of her. she just had a bad dream and i just had to go help her fall back asleep. katy's dad yelled at me but i don't give a shit what that baldy thinks of me. everything is okay."

"b-but i should have been there for her. these stupid meds just-"

"stop, just stop. i know how the medicine can affect you and it's not your fault. you have to sleep that stuff off, anyway. she's okay and you can see her after school. aren't you supposed to eat lunch with her today?"

"yeah," i nodded

"everything will be okay," he pulled me behind his locker door so he could press a quick kiss to my lips without anyone noticing, "are you okay?"

"i'm fine," i nodded.

"when do your parents get back?"

"monday. what did katy's dad do to you?"

"i think they thought i was there to rape lolita and then he told me to not come back so i have to go back. how about we go all child service protection on their ass and take lolita away? mrs. hood would love her."

"yeah, i guess. it would be a lot easier for ita. how can katy be so sweet with asshole parents?"

"i dunno," he shrugged and slammed is locker shut, "lots of kids are like that. or the other way around."

"can you walk me to the library?" i asked and looked up at him.

he smiled down at me, "i have no idea what you just said but you are absolutely adorable." 

"how did you not understand me? i'm speaking perfect english."

"you mumbled and your accent interfered. it's okay, though. you're still cute. what do you need me to do?"

"walk me to the library," i said slowly so he actually understood me.

"why do you need the library?"

"they just got a spanish section for the foreign exchange students and i want to go look at it," i explained excitedly.

"so cute," he smiled before leading me upstairs towards the library.

-

i was in the lunch line getting my food when someone bumped into me, almost making me fall down.

"excuse me," i mumbled.

"aren't you only supposed to eat quesadillas?" the person scoffed. i looked up to see the guy who luke yelled at during math class.