Damian's Mother

4 MONTHS LATER...

   KARRY'S POV

  Things have been really slow lately, and Erika was in school right now. She's been getting bigger every single day, and Jason reminded me of that all the time. I realized that he was nervous about Erika approaching her teenage years, but I always tried to be there for him when he needed a best friend or just advice.
  At this moment, I was four months pregnant, and I was standing with Alfred in the kitchen. Alfred hadn't been here for a while, but it was because he had been on vacation. Well, that's what we were all under the impression of. However, I pushed Alfred out of the door, telling him that his vacation wasn't even over yet, but also that I hoped he would stay safe.

  When I closed the door and turned around, Bruce was standing there with an amused expression on his face.

  I asked him,"Aren't you supposed to be with Selina or something?"

  Bruce smiled at me before he said to me,"I couldn't just check on my daughter. I'm hurt, Karry, really."

  I gave him a hug before I said to him,"Yes, you can check on me whenever you want to. I'm fine. Thank you."

  Bruce looked down at me, yet he asked me,"How are you holding up?"

  He motioned to my stomach, and I said,"Oh! I'm doing great, actually. I'm hungry again."

  Bruce chuckled before I headed into the living room. However, I noticed that Damian was sitting by himself on the sofa.

  I sat down beside him before I asked him,"Hey, Dami. You okay?"

  Damian nodded, and then he said to me,"I'm all right, Mother. Thank you. How are you? Do you need me to scoot over? Do I need to move? Do you need something to-"

  I kissed Damian's cheek before I told him,"Damian, you don't need to do anything. You just stay where you are and continue to watch whatever this is. Hey, I actually haven't seen you in a while. You and Chelsea still together?"

  Damian nodded, but he crossed his arms as he admitted to me,"Yes, we are, but she's been different lately. She doesn't seem to like me very much as she used to."

  This response from Damian caused me to ask him,"Who wouldn't like you, Damian?"

  Damian smiled, but then he asked me,"Do you still see me as your son?"

  I pulled him to my side before I answered,"Of course, I do. That will never change. Damian, I even like you better than I like my own husband."

  "What was that, beautiful?"

  Jason appeared behind me, and I screamed.

  Jason laughed, and Damian rolled his eyes before he said to Jason,"So annoying, Todd."

  Jason then rolled his eyes, and I said,"You guys are so brothers. Jase, where have you been?"

  Jason answered,"Erika's teacher called me, so I went up to the school."

  Immediately, I became concerned, so I asked him,"Is she okay?"

  Jason sighed before he told me,"She was bullied today, and she wouldn't come out of the bathroom. I had to go and talk to her until she came out. She's upstairs sleeping right now, but maybe you should talk to her when she wakes up."

  I nodded, and Jason kissed my forehead before he said to me,"Hey. Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault. All we can do is give Erika the support she needs from us. She'll be okay."