Chapter 1. New Wolf On The Block

Mulai dari awal

No one likes you unless you're pretty. That's just how it is at Northbrooke High. But I don't really need a million friends. I have 3 people who mean the world to me.

"You look amazing!" Maci hugged me. That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day.

I looked down at my ripped black skinny jeans and boots and red and black plaid shirt. My hair was curled and I had purple streaks in it.

"Hey, pissface" Kevin nudged me. His sense of humour is so controversial but I find it funny.

"Hey, Lexi" Jake high-fived me.

Approaching me was Liam. My boyfriend. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms.

"Hey babe" he whispered in my ear.

Before I could reply, his lips came crashing down on mine. I pulled in closer and things started to get heated.

"Get a room." Kev shouted which broke us apart but I couldn't take my eyes off Liam's. He was looking back at me and bit his lip. It was sexy as.

Suddenly, someone came zooming past me on a bike. It sent me backwards but Liam caught me.

"Watch where you're going, nerd." Liam called out on the guy.

I looked at the guy park his bike in a corner and step off.

He was such a nerd. His thick rimmed glasses and bushy hair made him look kind of cute.

"Which nerd rides a bike to school?" Maci looked back and forth at the bike and the guy.

He looked at us and seemed like he was about to say something but he didn't. He just took off his helmet and walked away.

"More importantly, what wolf is a nerd?" Jake said and we all laughed. It's kind of true.

In this neighbourhood, we're all wolves, so no one has to lie about it. On full moons, most people stay inside but me and my friends go out and cause havoc. We should get arrested by now but the police in this town don't do their jobs properly.

"I heard his name is Nathan." Maci said whilst lighting a cig.

"How would you know that?" Kev said suspiciously at Maci.

They always say their friends but I can see the way Kevin looks at Maci. He's so in love.

The bell rang and we all went in class. But I still couldn't get my head around that nerd. You don't see much people like him around.

I finally got to my Biology class. I sat at the back and decided to take a quick nap.

"It's only been 5 minutes into the lesson and you're already taking a nap?" Miss Slings said and everyone turned around at looked at me.

I wish I had a slingshot and slung it at Miss Slings.

Everyone started laughing for some weird reason. I think I said that out loud.

"You're on my last nerve, Lexi. If I hear another word come out of you, I will send you straight to the dungeon."

You're probably thinking, a dungeon is too harsh but it's not really a dungeon. You just get locked up in a room full of other students and you have to sit there and reflect on all the bad things you've done. People think being a werewolf is fun but we still go to school as normal and our parents still have high hopes for us. If only I could just run away from this town and live freely.

"Now, everyone get on with your work!" She shouted and the class went back to doing their work. I had only just started and didn't understand.

I hate Biology. It's so boring and I always seem to fall asleep every time Miss Slings opens her mouth.

I looked at the worksheet and started reading some questions. The first question was: What is hard water?

Isn't that ice or something? It probably isn't because Biology isn't that easy.

"Ugh, I hate Biology. These questions are impossible." I muttered under my breath.

"I...I could help you...if you w-want." A low voice said beside me. I turned around and there was the nerd I saw this morning. What was his name again, Niall? Nolan? Neville?, wait, I know what it is, it's Nathan.

"Err...ok" I replied. I really didn't need his help because I don't give a crap about Bio but I need to get my grades up this year or my parents won't get me a car or a motorbike. It's not like we can't afford it, it's just that they think I'm irresponsible.

"Well, I can tell that you're a bit confused with the first question. So, ermm...Hard water is formed when water percolates through deposits of limestone and chalk-containing minerals such as calcium and magnesium. It's basically just water with high mineral content." He said. All I was staring at was his cute soft lips.

Woah, wait a minute! How would you know that his lips are soft? And don't you already have a boyfriend?!

I snapped back into reality and I just realised that I my mind is dirtier than I thought.

"Ok, err...thanks?" I replied and it came out as more of a question. I couldn't really remember a word he said and I didn't want to ask him again.

He smiled at me and shuffled back into his seat. His smile is really cute and dorky. It kind of makes me want to smile too. Snap out of it!

"So, I noticed that you have a bike." I asked him. I could tell he was shocked at the question.

"Err...y-yeah. I-I have a bike." He stuttered. It was actually quite adorable.

"Can you teach me how to ride it?" I asked again and this time he looked even more shocked.

"Uhh...." He looked really flustered and didn't even answer my question properly.

"Well...?" I said, waiting for his answer.

"Ermm...well..." He started saying but his pen dropped out of his hand and onto the floor. He's probably trying to use that as a distraction so I decided to reach over and grab the pen and threaten to steal it unless he gives me lessons. I know it sounds mean, but it was the only way to make him give me riding lessons.

But as I was reaching over to it, his hand was reaching over to it and as I grabbed the pen I felt his hand over mine.

A jolt of electricity shocked through me and my heart started beating faster. There were millions of butterflies swarming around my stomach. I've never felt this way about anyone before. I looked up at him and he was already looking at me. With the exact same expression.

That's when I knew. He was my mate.

__________________________
A/n: Hey guys welcome to my new book. This is the first time I've written a werewolf book. I don't know much about werewolves but I've seen a lot of TV shows about them. My friend persuaded me to write one and here it is. What do you think about my new book? If you liked it, leave a VOTE and COMMENT what you think about this chapter and SHARE it with your friends if you think they might like to read it too. Bye💖