Chapter 1

chapter 1
Maddy's p.o.v🐳
Me and Shawn had spent our last day together on our couch watching the fosters. Fyi, I can't believe Callie and A.J are a thing now? Like no, make it stooooppppp. Anyway it was a sad day for me, but Shawn seemed pretty excited so I put a smile on for him.
Mom and dad called us to the kitchen right before Shawn was going to leave.
When we walked into the kitchen we saw our mom and dad sitting down at the table. The kitchen is where we have most of our "family meetings," so it wasn't much out of the ordinary.
We joined them at the table and for a while, we sat there in silence.
Finally, Shawn said, "Um... I love you guys?"
He said it as a question, because he didn't know if that was what our parents were waiting for.
After that, mommy started telling Shawn how proud she was of him, and how much we were all going to miss him.
This got my mom very teary eyed, and it almost brought me to tears as well, but I choked them back once again.
"Since this meeting thing isn't really about me, uh... Can I leave now?" I asked hoping to get out of there, so Shawn wouldn't see me cry.
"No sweetie, this meeting is for all of us," replied my mother.
I'm normally not one to argue with my parents, but I REALLY needed to get out of there.
So I said, "Please mom? Uh... I need to go to the bathroom..."
At the end of this statement my voice cracked, and it was pretty obvious why I wanted to leave.
Without anymore words, Shawn simply grabbed me, and sat me on his lap as an attempt to comfort me.
This did help with the tears, but the sadness remained.
"Shawn I'm so proud of you and everything you've done. Ever since you were about your sisters age, we knew you were destine for greatness," as you can tell, my mom isn't very good with words.
Shawn chuckled, and then thanked my mom, telling her how much he loved her.
"I'll see you when you're in California? Right?" Asked my dad, planning on attending his San Jose show.
"Yeah dad. I love you," Shawn replied, as his car arrived to take him away. Forever. Or at least, what felt like forever.
"Well it sounds like it's time for you to go young man."
Thanks dad, for reminding me.
"Yeah I guess it is," Said Shawn.
This, once again, made me burst out in tears. I didn't want to hold them back anymore. I didn't even care. I just wanted Shawn to stay. I was selfish. I wanted him all to my self. Often, I wished he ha never ever became famous because then, I would have him all to my self. All the time. MINE.
"Shawn please don't leave me," I begged, knowing it couldn't change anything.
"I wish I didn't have to, but it's just the way things are. It won't feel like a long time, just keep having fun."
"When do I ever have fun without you?"
"You'll make it happen, I promise. I love you baby sister, I'll be thinking of you."
These words hurt me. They cut me. Deep. I understand that it's not the end of the world that he's leaving, but to me, it felt like it. Shawn was my one sense of security. My only friend, the one who helped me through all the bad stuff. And trust me, there was A LOT of bad stuff. I knew he would be back and everything but I just had the feeling that something bad would happen, and he wouldn't.
Maybe it was because of my dream. I don't know. But dreams NEVER come true, right?
"I love you too," I whispered to him.
He picked me up and squeezed me tight before getting in the car, and closing his door.
I wanted to chase after the car. I wanted to get in it, and go with him. But I restrained myself. Instead, I cried it all out, as I watch Shawn drive away from me. FOREVER.
My mom picked me up and carried me inside as soon as his car was out of sight. I continued to cry. And cry. And cry. My mom put me in my bed, as it was 9:00pm, and I had to be up for school at 7:00am. As she laid me down, she began to cry, too.
"Will you miss brother too?"
"No, he'll be back"
"Then why are you crying, too?"
She simply smiled at me and told me goodbye. I was curious as to why she said goodbye instead of goodnight, but my thoughts were too focused on Shawn to think anything of it.

Want updates on my books?
Instagram: @_calibraskuh_⚓️

Wanna follow my main?
Instagram: @_jordanmendes_🍉

Twitter: @_jordanmendes_🐳