Chapter 44:

***Draco's POV***

I've searched everywhere and I haven't found Jen. I have no idea where she went and everyone I talked to hasn't seen her either. I was getting scared now. She could be giving herself to Voldemort right now. I heard yelling outside and I followed everyone out to see what the fuss was all about. When I was outside I saw a wall of Deatheaters facing the school. A girl to the right of me was screaming something and I realized she was screaming 'Harry.' I looked up and saw Hagrid who was holding a body in his arms. It was Harry. I stared at him in shock and I looked around the crowd of deatheaters. If Harry's dead and Jen was with him....

My heart rate sped up but I couldn't freak out until I saw her with my own eyes. Right before I started freaking out I saw Jen. Alive. I felt like a weight was lifted off of me but I saw that she was being held by about six deatheaters. Jen looked up at me as if she could feel my stare and we locked eyes. My heart literally skipped a beat. I hadn't seen Jen in a whole year and seeing her again...it took all my self-restraint not to run up to her right now. A smile slipped on her dirt covered face and I smiled back, feeling as if we were the only two people in the world. My eyes slipped from her face and looked at the rest of her. My eyes widened when I saw that she was wearing a full leather outfit with her stomach peeking out from her shirt. She looked totally badass and sexy. Super sexy. I remember seeing someone in a full leather outfit when I was looking for Jen...

Damn it! I had run past her when I was looking for her! I could I have saved her from being captured but I was looking for the bright blue dress uniform from Beauxbatons, not a full leather outfit. I was so distracted by Jen that I almost didn't hear someone calling my name. I snapped my head away from Jen and saw that my parents were waving me towards them from their spot behind a few deatheaters. I could feel the eyes of everyone on me as I surveyed the scene around me. If I cross over I'll be closer to Jen and maybe if I could cause a distraction...

I crossed the open area and walked towards my parents.

***Jen's POV***

I watched as Draco crossed the open area towards his parents. Everyone was staring at Draco but not with shock, more of loathing. No one knew that he was actually a spy, the only spy against Voldemort since Snape was dead. My eyes scanned over the faces of the people I had gone to school with, shared halls with and had even talked to a few times. They all bore the same expression. Defeat. Now that Harry was dead, their symbol of hope, they thought that they couldn't win now. If Voldemort killed the 'Boy who Lived' what's stopping him from killing the rest of us?

The words I had said to Voldemort repeated in my head- fool, there will always be hope. You can never get rid of people's hope. And I will take my grandfather's place and become the symbol of hope. I knew now that I had to step up. If someone didn't step up now then they will surrender and I can't let that happen. There were about six deatheaters surrounding me but I knew I could easily overpower them. They only had ropes tied around me, fools, they don't know what I'm capable of.

Voldemort was saying something about surrendering and I saw Neville start to walk forward. I had to act now. I channeled all my anger towards Voldemort for killing Harry, my grandfather, my parents and everyone else he had killed and used that to change. This time I changed a lot faster and less painful and before I knew it, I was a tiger. I roared as I broke free of my binds and sprinted to the middle of the field. I placed myself between Voldemort and Neville who had stepped forward. I savored the look of pure shock on Voldemort's face and used that to my advantage.

"No" I growled, my voice echoing off the school. "No one is surrendering. Harry may have died but he died saving us all and I won't let him die in vain. We won't use his death as discouragement, we will use it to fuel the fire that we'll use to kill you."