NOT AT ALL . 1

Silver Bullet

"Things are sweeter when they're lost. I know--because once I wanted something and got it. It was the only thing I ever wanted badly, and when I got it it turned to dust in my hand."

_________________________

A N N I E

As I walked down the hallway, I couldn't help but smile at the comments being thrown around.

"They're so cute together."

"OMG GOALS!"

"Goddamnnnn."

I looked at Scott and Kira, reminiscing on the past, when things were hectic... but they were easy.

He was the one thing I wanted, and I when I finally got him... he turned to dust in my hand.

Sure, Liam and I are still together... but he's always making lame excuses for us not to hang out, and it's all because I spend too much time with Scott and Stiles. Deep down, I think Liam's jealous, but this morning he took his jealousy way too far...

"Do you need a ride?" Liam asked, throwing on his backpack.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Thanks, but, no thanks. Stiles is picking me up this morning. Want to come?"

Liam scoffed, his face contorting as if he smelled something sour, "You like him don't you... You like Stiles!"

I shook my head, "Liam, I don't like Stiles. He's one of my best friends!"

"Stop lying, Annie!" he slammed his hand down on his desk, creating a deep crack through it. "See, I can hear your heart racing just thinking about him!"

"My heart's racing because you're scaring me!" I screamed, a tear escaping my eye. "This isn't you, Liam..."

Always the theatric, am I right? Kira laughed as she waved a hand in front of my face, bringing me back to reality.

"Sorry," I sighed, rubbing my temples, "relationship problems."

Scott perked up at my response, "Relationship problems? Did Liam hurt you? Annie, if he hurt you, I don't care if he's my Beta, I'll rip his--"

"No! No, no, no... never," I laughed. "Liam would never hurt me."

Scott nodded, walking down the hallway in serenity that I was okay.

Physically anyway.

Mentally, so much was on my mind. Liam, controlling my animalistic side, my father...

and Allison.

Ever since Dad stayed with the Calaveras to track Kate, I haven't heard from him since. It's been three months... and nothing. All I want is a call or a text. Hell, I'd even take a postcard!

Good thing is, Isaac and Jackson are coming to visit soon. Hopefully Isaac will stay for longer than he promised, or I'll try to guilt him into staying.

I stopped at my locker, and rolled my eyes when I saw Liam looking at me with large puppy dog eyes from down the hallway. Scott sniffed the air, picking up on my chemo-signals, "Why are you mad?"

I looked down the hallway again at Liam, and then back to Scott, "Take a guess."

"What's going on between you two? You both used to be so..."

I interrupted him, "Happy?"

Scott slowly nodded, as if afraid to answer my rhetorical question. "I could talk to him, if you want? I think he needs to know that Stiles and I aren't trying to steal you from him."

I laughed, pulling my books for History, "I think that might help, actually."

"I'll talk to him tonight before the Senior Scribe," Scott nodded. "Want to tag along?"

I scoffed, shutting my locker, "Scott, it's called Senior Scribe for a reason."

"Liam's tagging along!" he defended, slipping a hand around Kira's waist. "C'mon, it'll be fun."

I groaned, "Fine."

Since my dad was living a double life in Mexico, I had the apartment all to myself. With everything that's happened, though, I'm barely there.

Too many memories.

I usually stay at Scott's house, because Melissa cleared out their junk room and gave it to me. Other times, I stay with Liam or Mason.

Scott smiled in triumph, "Alright, Stiles will pick us up around 9:00, okay? Tonight's the full moon, so as soon as you get home, lock the doors, and wait until I get home to--"

"I'm coming with you!" I scoffed, not believing how idiotic he was being. "Liam is still learning control, and I'm his anchor... I'm going to help you restrain him in the woods tonight!"

"Annie," Kira sighed, "that might not be the best idea, yeah? I mean, since you two are kinda... fighting?"

I groaned, turning around to see Liam low-key listening in on the conversation. I sighed, speaking in a normal tone, "Liam, get your ass over here."

In a flash, Liam was by my side, with pleading eyes. I looked at him, intertwining our hands, and turning back to Scott and Kira. "See, we're not fighting, we're fine."

"Unconvincing...." Scott shrugged, leaning against my locker.

I sighed, turning to Liam. I took his face in my hands, rubbing my thumbs on his smooth cheeks, and then pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. Fireworks erupted, just like the first time, and I parted my lips from his, remembering I was mad at him, but had to put on a show.

"See," I stated, turning to Scott, smiling, "I'm not mad, at all."
______________________

A/N- Oh, God, this sucked. But I really like protective-brother-Scott. Please stay tuned for Chapter Two... It'll be much longer and MUCH BETTER.

Furthermore, I apologize for the shortness of the first chapter, but I wrote this in like 10 minutes because I didn't want to disappoint you guys.

Quote of the Chapter: F. Scott Fitzgerald's "The Beautiful and Damned" (aka my favorite book of all time)
Gif of the Chapter: Picture of Annie just talking and being perfect, per usual.
Song of the chapter: Back to Black by Beyoncé & Andre 3000

"I ain't left no time to regret..."

Comment! Vote! Become a fan!