Chapter Eighteen.

(Beca's POV)

I woke up entangled into Chloe. I took a deep breath and quickly, but quietly, got myself out of the red heads grip. I didn't want to leave her arms, but I couldn't stay in them either. I looked at the older woman in front of me and knew that things would end up alright in the end. Chloe kind of radiated positivity, and whenever I looked at her, even when she was breaking my heart, I still felt... good? Okay? Safe, even. She just had that vibe that made you feel like you've been best friends your entire life, when you literally just saw her for the first time passing by her in the hallway. I leaned down and kissed her forehead before heading downstairs, meeting the other Bella's. "Good morning." I yawned. I grabbed my mug from the cabinet and made myself some coffee.

"Morning wee one, how'd you sleep?" Fat Amy smirked. "Walked by your door a bit after Chloe came home and heard some moaning? I thought you said you two were just friends!"

I nearly choked on my coffee. "No, no, we weren't... we didn't do anything. I was playing with her hair!" The girls looked at me like I was an idiot. "I'm serious, she came home drunk, and I played with her hair as she groaned about how bad her date was."

"So we won't get to see Charlie again? Dammit!" Ashley pouted. We all gave her an odd look and she sunk back a bit. "What? He was really cute."

"But super boring." I laughed. "But, you will. Tonight. Chloe mistakenly agreed to another date."

Fat Amy basically toppled over laughing. "This is the world coming back to bite her in the ass!"

"My ass is about chewed off by now, believe me." Chloe said entering the kitchen. Chloe grabbed her "Aca-princess" mug and raspberry tea. "How is everyone this morning?" 

"Fine, how are you?" Stacie replied. Chloe just nodded and dipped her tea bag up and down in her mug of hot water. After a while of awkward silence Stacie spoke up "So, Aubrey and I are going on a trip over the weekend. We're going to see my family." 

Chloe and I never went to meet her family. She has met my dad, sadly, and the best I can do is take Chloe to my moms grave, but Chloe never once asked if I wanted to meet her family. Did her parents even know I was anything more than Chloe's friend? "That's great, I'm sure you guys will have a lot of fun!"

"Thanks, Beca. We're going to see her family for Thanksgiving, so we figured now would be a good time to see my parents." Stacie blushed. She really did love Aubrey, no matter how many little arguments they had, they always ended up making everything better within seconds. Stacie has never had a real relationship apparently, so this is a big deal to her. I smiled at her before walking into the living room. I heard footsteps behind me and saw Aubrey sit down across from me.

"We need to talk." Aubrey stated.

"I know, I need to take out my ear monstrosities before our next show. It will happen." I winked and sipped at my coffee. 

Aubrey gave me her stank eye "Not about that, about Chloe." I sat up and showed her that she had my full attention. "Chloe is in love with you. She is, she's just scared to admit it. I know what you're playing at, but you can't hold out on her too long. She's killing herself inside over this, and I'm scared that what she's holding inside may become too much soon. You finally talking to her again is giving her a crutch but she won't feel like you forgive her completely until you're back together." I nodded, I knew she was right. "Thank you."

I sat in silence and finished my coffee, a few Bella's joined us in the living room and I sat as they talked about competition. I got up and put my mug in the dishwasher before heading upstairs, throwing myself on the bed, and screaming into the pillow. "What's got you so frustrated, Mitchell?" I heard Chloe ask. I turned on my back to see Chloe putting earrings in her ears. "You okay?"