Chapter Sixteen

(Beca's POV)

It's been two weeks since we broke up. No one wanted to share a room with Chloe besides Aubrey, which caused Aubrey and Stacie to get into a huge fight. In the end I decided it would be best if I just left my stuff in Chloe's room, but slept on the couch seeing as I am basically never in my room anyways. Everyone was so mad at her, and only Aubrey still spoke to her. I could barely bring myself to look at her. I felt bad; I didn't want the girls to be angry with her, but I myself was pissed. Not just with her, but with myself. It's all just bullshit.
I sat on the couch on my laptop, looking up stupid facts about Red Pandas. I didn't want to interact with anyone, I've been skipping class, all I ever really did was sit around, go to Taco Bell, or Bella's rehearsals. Even at Bella's rehearsals I have been pretty checked out. Sometimes I catch Chloe staring at me, but I just ignore it and keep going about my business.
I felt a weight fall into the couch next to me. I looked up from my laptop screen to see Fat Amy and Stacie sitting in front of me. "Yes?"

"Do you want to go to something fun tonight? The Bella's were thinking about maybe taking you out to the Wing House or something. Beer, wings, pool, it could be a lot of fun!" Stacie suggested.

"All of the Bella's?" I asked.

"All except Chloe. She isn't invited." Fat Amy shook her head. "Aubrey won't come either, she says she hates places like the Wing House but I think she just feels bad for Chloe."

I nodded. "Um, yeah okay, why not?" I didn't want to be rude. Besides it's not like I have anything else to do. "But, if Aubrey and Chloe want to come, don't exclude them... okay?" I didn't want to be the dick in the break-up. "When are we leaving?"

"You have one hour, go get ready!" Fat Amy smiled. She and Stacie ran upstairs and I sighed a bit. Chloe wasn't here right now, so if I was going to get dressed now would be the time. I ran upstairs and immediately took off my sweatpants and tank top. I hopped in a quick shower, then put on my bra and undies just standing the mirror, listening to music, my hair in a messy bun, putting on makeup. I sway my butt to the rhythm of Neon Trees as I applied liquid eyeliner to my face.
Once I was completely done with makeup I stepped out of the bathroom to find Chloe sitting on the bed playing on her phone. I quickly looked away and went to the closet to look for something to put on. I would have felt natural being half naked in front of her, but now I just felt awkward. I could tell she was trying not to look at my pale little body.

"Hey." Chloe said quietly. I looked at her and gave her a small smile. Her piercing blue eyes held my gaze and I saw the sun, the moon, and all of the stars inside of them. I saw galaxies just floating around inside of the ocean that is her eyes. But I also saw my heart, and I knew I was never getting that back from her. If we never fix our relationship, I don't think I'll ever be in another.
I diverted our eye contact and looked back to the closet. I pulled out a pair of jeans, a red tank top. I grabbed a pair of brown boots and slipped my feet in. "Where are you off to?" Chloe asked, trying to make conversation.

Now I had to answer. "Um... the Wing House, some of the girls wanted to uhm take me out for some reason. You can come to if you want." I offered without making eye contact.

"Oh, uh, that's okay. I think Aubrey wanted to watch movies or something. Thanks for the invite." Chloe went back to her phone game and I grabbed my phone off of the charger, and disconnected it from the speaker. I left the room without another word and went downstairs to see all of the other Bella's.

"Ow! Beca is gonna get some tonight!" Cynthia Rose declared. "You look smokin' girl, let's go out and find you a new girl, huh?"

"I'm not exactly looking for a new relationship right now guys." I laughed, though it was fake they didn't seem to realize. "Let's just go have fun? I just want to hang out with my best friends. Alright?"