Chapter Eight

Stiles was currently perched on the steps of his porch, anxiously gnawing on his thumbnail as he scanned the backyard for any sign of unusually large canines scurrying about through the thick foliage of the woods.

Scott had left the wolves to their own devices and sent them away to blow off some steam- mainly Jackson- leaving him alone with a still seething Liam to tame.

Stiles's backyard was probably the perfect place for this type of situation. The entire property was bordered by a large eight feet high red privacy fence that practically screamed 'leave us the Fuck alone'- except for the back that connected into the Beacon Hills Nature Preserve.

Plus, Stiles's house didn't have close neighbors, each house separated by a good amount of property.

After Stiles's mother passed, his father and him both decided that a change of scenery would be better for them to grieve properly. So, John bought another house just along the border of Beacon Hills that was out of the suburban life and into the country. But, he never sold Stiles's childhood home, he didn't have the heart for it.

Lydia left earlier, her hot redhead temper still flaring sky high when she stormed out to do training with Deaton, Kira following behind her like a lost puppy- which doesn't make any sense since she's a Japanesse Fox, but it's whatever.

Allison had got a call from her Dad a few minutes ago; something about going on a routine weapons run a couple towns away. She would be gone all day, and most likely get back really late in the night.

So Stiles was the only human left in the house, his dad leaving for work before he even went to sleep last night.

His gaze had never left his best friend and his pillow from this morning, wishing that he had super hearing to eavesdrop on what they were saying clearly. All his ears picked up were mumbles, and Stiles's persistent nature was threatening to get the better of him.

He worried for the kid, honestly. The full moon was only two weeks away, and High School was about to start up second semester in the same amount of time.

Scott had to work fast with Liam, but it was almost impossible with his IED to help him control his wolf in the given amount of time.

He also had to prepare him for his first full wolf shift on the Full Moon.

And Stiles was undeniably panicking for him on the inside.

I mean c'mon, he practically fainted when everyone fully shifted in front of him, he thought.

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of dappled grey fur padding towards him from his left, carefully stepping over the stacks of clothes where the wolves stashed them earlier to shift.

Stiles ripped his gaze away from Liam and Scott, giving the large-as-a-car wolf a small smile before returning to his original task, thumbnail included. But this time, his leg bounced continuously on the rickety wood below his feet.

The Wolf slinked over to his side silently, carefully padding across the porch like he felt too big for his own body. He then laid down next to Stiles, his large paws hanging over the edge of the steps as he observed the sight before him with perked ears.

Scott stopped what he was about to do to Liam, giving a large toothy grin and a wave at Stiles's new company. The Wolf momentarily tilted his muzzle up in acknowledgement similar to a wave, tail starting to whack the back door with every brutal wag, having nowhere else to move with just how much length the Wolf took up. Scott then returned back to his young Beta, the beating the door received ceasing when he looked away.

"How was your run?" Stiles questioned, not turning to look at the wolf when he spoke, after everything had settled down.

The reply he got was a headbut in his shoulder, and Stiles gave the golden-eyed beta beside him a disgruntled look with a glance out of the corner of his eye. "Don't look at me like that, Isaac."