Chapter 6

Chapter 6

This party wasn’t as bad as Chelsea thought it was going to be.  She did actually kind of enjoy herself, well except for right now because Scott has decided to get on the stage and most likely about to tell everybody that he was soon to be married.    Well at least he didn’t make me get up there too. 

Thinking to soon, a giant spotlight was shined right on her blinding her.

Oh no… Chelsea groaned while try to shield her face from the light.

Ugh this was very embarrassing... 

The entire crowed of guests quickly turned and followed that spotlight path to her standing next to the side wall of the ballroom.  She could hear the murmurs starting and when she looked up she saw the shocked looked on their faces as well.  Here goes nothing.

Chelsea took a few shy steps towards the stage but then stopped.

Why am I soo scared?  I’m a Grand for Christ sakes!  Right then and there Chelsea decided that she wasn’t going to be intimidated by these people just because she was the outsider/enemy.  No, she was going to stand tall and hold her head high. 

And that’s what she did.  Chelsea looked up at the stage and could see Scott’s confused face knowing he couldn't understand what was going on in her head, and gave decided to give her best smile, well the best she could do in these circumstances atleast.  She almost giggled aloud as she watched Scotts face go from confusion to annoyed, but slowly those lips turned into that sexy smirk he seem to always have. Ugh..typical Chelsea thought. 

Striating out her dress as best as she could, she stood tall and began walking closer to the stage.  When she reached the side of it she paused wondering how on earth she was going to get up there in this dress and 5 inch heels! She couldn't help but to start gnawing on the side of her lip, it was an old habit, but when she was thrust into the odd situations,such as trying to climb a stage all the while not trying to moon the crowd of the enemy, that the urge was just to great.  

Someone must have sensed her dilemma because next thing she knew his hands were around her waist and had lifted her up onto the stage.  Chelsea turned around and saw that it was indeed Scott that had saved her.  I’m soo confused  Chelsea thought.  One minute he’s mister asshole and now he being well… kinda sweet. 

“Thank you” Chelsea whispered.

Scott just kept staring at her like he too couldn’t believe the way he was acting. 

Time seemed to slow down as they were both just standing still on the stage. It was eerily quiet and even the crowed was silent. 

A deep clearing of the throat from behind pulled both Scott and Chelsea from their daze.

Chelsea gave a soft wave to the crowed and stood next to Scott while he finished the announcement of their wedding.  After the announcement was done, the party only lasted a little while longer and Chelsea was thankful for that. Her feet were killing her!

Nancy soon was at Chelsea’s side and led her away from the party and back to her room. 

“See tonight wasn’t soo bad.”  Nancy giggled.

Chelsea threw herself onto the nice king size bed face first and slowly sunk into the pillows. She thought about it and Nancy was right, it wasn’t so bad.  Maybe Scott is different and maybe her future wouldn’t be so bad. 

Chelsea turned her face to the side so she could breath and look at Nancy.

“No, it wasn’t so bad. I really thought I was going to hate it and end up crying my eyes out afterwards but I’m not.” She laughed, all that worrying for nothing.  "Nancy?"