Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Friday came faster than Howard wanted it to but soon it was time to be heading out for dinner. He knew Lisa was already in his home the moment he opened the door just by her sweet smell she always seemed to have, most likely from working at the bakery. He also knew that she was upstairs helping Chelsea finish up getting ready for tonight. Lisa was doing the same thing he had been doing, trying to spend as much time with Chelsea before she was gone... Just thinking about it made his eyes mist over.  Walking up the stairs, he passed Chelsea's door and snuck a peak into her cracked door.  Lisa was standing over a sitting Chelsea while brushing her hair. Chelsea had her eyes closed and was simply enjoying the feeling while be soothed by the gentle humming coming from Lisa's mouth.  Lisa loved to hum and even Howard to a second to close his eyes and relax to the rythum.

Lisa... He didn't know if she ever would feel the same about him as he did about her, but over the past year they had seem to grow closer. Maybe because they both knew "their" daughter would soon be gone and they both would then be lonely? He hoped Lisa did like him but a part of him was scared to act on it. What if he got hurt like last time? He didn't think he could lose ANOTHER woman in his life, 2 was too many...  Howard shook himself back awake and preceded down the hall.  He changed out of his coat and tie and desided to wear her dark black botten down shirt.  Chelsea's mother, Elena, used to tell him that black made him look devilishly handsome. He turned and looked into his wall-length mirror and really looked at himself.  He atleast thought he still had it.  His arms were still musculer, he didnt want other to think he was weak, and his hair was still pretty dark...just with a hint of grey around the edges. But hey that one commericial on tv says that women liked that right? Howard chuckled, that reminded him that he needed a haircut from Lisa soon, it was slightly touching the back of his collar.  Looking closer at the mirror he took note that his eyes were still a bright deep blue, the same as his daughters, and that his sharp edges of his face still looked rugde.  So atleast for now he felt that he looked good, but did Lisa...?  

Lisa was the complete opposite of Elena... But maybe thats what interested him so much.  When he first layed eyes on her walking into that bakery on her opening day, he couldn't take them off of her. And it must be true how they say "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach", cause ever sense he tried one of her sweet rolls...he was smitten.  Her body is still beautifull, he thought while putting on his coat and grabbing his wallet from the dresser.  She's always had that small,danity, but with thouse killer curves that made him grunt out loud.  Just thinking about having her under him, wiggling and grabbing at him, made him suddenly hot under the collar.  Stop it!!!   He wasnt some 17 year old boy anymore! He was a MAN! He did a quick nod to himself in the mirror and left the room to go collect his girls that were waiting on him.  Maybe one day Lisa could be his, but until then he would just have to deal with it, like it or not.

“Oh daddy isn’t this place just gorgeous!” Chelsea exclaimed clasping her hands to her chest. She couldn’t stop looking around the beautiful posh restaurant called Pierre’s.  The gold colors painted on the walls with the dark wooded booths and tables made everything look so luxurious that Chelsea had a hard time keeping her mouth closed.

“I’m glad you like it baby girl” Howard told her while pulling her into a side hug while giving her a light kiss on her head.  “I love it daddy, but you said this night was very important. Why are we here?”  Chelsea asked looking at her father then to Lisa who was also there. It wasnt odd that Lisa was with them, it was just different for all of them to be going out. Usually they only had dinner together if Lisa had brought over some dinner that she secretely had been making esepecially for her dad but would always say "O i just happen to have soo much left over from the other day..."  Yea right Chelsea smirked.  Maybe this was her dad's way of slowly wooing Lisa?  if so, then this relationship would take awhile before it began.