Chapter 4

Chapter 4

1 month later…

Chelsea couldn’t believe this day was finally here. 

She glanced around the now empty room that she had slept in for over 19 years.  Yes she knew that one day she would have to pack up all her stuff up and leave home, but she thought that it would be because she would be ready to start her own life.

When home school was finally over her plan was to take the year off, explore her options in life, and then start at the local college the next fall.  Her dad wanted her to go to a big university when she graduated but that wasn’t her. She couldn’t have left him and her community go, she loved Grandson and she didn’t like the idea of being in a classroom with over 400 other students and 1 teacher. No, small classes with nice teachers suited her better.  Give it up Chels, no point in thinking about that now.  Nope, Chelsea truly felt her dreams and future was sold off to a man who didn’t even know her. 

Chelsea grabbed her last bag, gave her old bedroom one last look and shut the door. 

Walking down the hall she knew couldn’t turn back now that she would just have to get on with life.  Maybe Scott won’t be such a jerk, maybe he was just all show that night at the restaurant because of his father.  Thinking of Victor made shivers run down Chelsea’s spine. 

She reached the end of the stairs in her two story house that she once called home. She handed her bags to the man in suit waiting by the door and turned to find her father and Lisa standing in the entry way ready to say their goodbyes.  

I don’t want to do this…  

Blinking a couple times to keep the tears back she faced her father.

He looked down at her and for a brief moment Chelsea didn’t know what to do. This is the man that sold me, why should I feel sorry for him!

But Chelsea knew that she couldn’t hate him. 

She finally heard the whole story a week ago after 2 whole weeks of silence.  Now she wished she would have spent more time with her daddy in those two weeks she secluded herself.  When she arrived home from that long bus ride that night, she ran straight to her room and locked herself up to wallow in her depression. It wasn’t until Howard couldn’t take it anymore and thought 2 weeks was enough of no talking to each other and broke down her door,making her listen to his side of the story.

At first she was still so angry and only thought of herself as the victim. But when she glanced into her fathers’ eyes  she finally saw that they too were filled with tears and guilt, she knew that she was not the only victim here. Howard was suffering as well.

 She hated the terms to the truce but deep down she knew her daddy was just trying to protect his community.It what she would do too. She loved her community, and if giving up herself saved them, then she do it in a heart-beat! Thats what made her a Grand.  

She slowly lifted her head, looking up into her father's eyes and that ball of emotion that was stuck in her chest flooded out. She gave a cry and fell into her his arms.  Howard pulled her into his chest trying to hold back his own tears.

“Im sooo sorry baby girl, so sorry.” He said into her hair, rocking her back and forth.

Chelsea couldn't help the hiccups that came out of her mouth but she tried to pull herself together. "Its ok daddy.... I understand.”  She watched as his shoulders seemed to relax a little from her forgiveness but they still held great stress.

Chelsea pulled away and looked up at Lisa.  Lisa stood there shaking like she was trying to keep herself from crying but she couldn’t help it, the minute Chelsea pulled her into a hug they both broke down crying and sobbing. 

“Excuse me, but the limo is waiting and it’s past time to go” the man at the door said coldly. 

Both Lisa and Chelsea could hear the low growl that was coming from Howard, but Lisa laid a hand on his arm which seemed to somewhat comfort him.  Maybe they can have their happy ending Chelsea thought.  With only a couple seconds left, Chelsea leaned into Lisa's ear and whispered. 

“You have to tell him Lisa, Don’t waste your life waiting for love.”  Lisa jerked back with a confused look, but Chelsea knew she understood. 

She gave them both a kiss on the cheek and slowly walked to the door.

When she reached the limo that was waiting for her, she turned to have one last look at the house.  She almost broke down again when she saw her dad holding up a crying Lisa in the doorway.  Will I ever get to see them again? 

She gave them a small wave and stepped into the limo having the door shut behind her submerging her into darkness.

“Hello Wifey..."

___________________________________________