Chapter 2 (Practice Makes Perfect)

I AM SORTA STUMPED ON WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS STORY COMPLETELY, NEED IDEAS! AND PICTURE OF HUNTER ON THE SIDE. DON'T YOU LOVE ALEX EVANS! <3

(Honey’s POV) I can’t believe he just freaked out like that. I was going to go back into the school, but I couldn’t leave him out there. He could just hit by a car or something. I ran after him shouting his name. He stopped at a building and went inside. I was going to tell him to come back to school. I knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. No answer. “Hunter?! I know you’re home Hunter. Please just answer the door.” “Hunter!!” I was worried, more than worried actually. That explained my next actions. I fell to the ground and started frantically searching for something hard and heavy. I found a stone. I picked it up and threw it at the window. It smashed the window and I stepped inside. I was expecting Hunter to start screaming at me once I got inside, but I didn’t hear him or see him. I heard a big thump coming from upstairs. I ran up the stairs. The bathroom light was on, I tried to open the door. It was locked. “Hunter!” “Hunter!!” I took a safety pin out of my hair and started picking the lock. The door opened and Hunter was laying in the middle of the floor. “Oh my God! Hunter!!” I noticed the pills lying on the counter and lifted his head and stuck my finger down his throat, I was praying that everything would be ok. I started giving him CPR “One, Two, Three, then I put my hands over his mouth and breathed. He didn’t move. I took out my cell and dialed 911. I was speaking to the dispatcher and I heard a gasp. I dropped my cell and started screaming “Hunter!” He coughed and I was so thankful. I helped him sit up and I brought him some water. He didn’t drink it. “My God, Hunter why would you try to kill yourself!?” He just looked at me and I saw his eyes swell with tears. His head lowered so he was looking at the floor. I wanted him to look at me. I grabbed his cheeks and made him look at me and asked him the question again. He started silently crying and I wiped his tears away. “Hunter, tell me why!” He still didn’t answer. I didn’t know what to do, I couldn’t leave because I was afraid he would hurt himself. I got angry at once because he shouldn’t be hurting himself. I slapped him one good time against his cheek. His cheek turned red. I apologized and told him to tell me. I kissed his cheek over and over again as an apology. He responded with seven words, “I’m just fucked up, fuck off Honey.” I took a deep breath and grabbed his arm. I dragged him out of the bathroom into the hallway. “Hunter, you don’t have to go back to school today, just please don’t hurt yourself.” I begged. He just looked at me. I hugged him and sat beside him.

                        Was this what hell was like? I knew God didn’t want me to be in Heaven. I didn’t see anyone here. I was completely alone. I heard a voice, it sounded like Honey’s. Honey couldn’t be here in Hell. I had just seen her at school. “Hunter...”  There it was again, that same voice, it sounded just like Honey’s. I saw a bright white light and I gasped. “I saw Honey leaning over me crying and on her cell phone. I wasn’t dead, I hadn’t died. I coughed.

Honey and I stayed in my room until John came home. He didn’t ask questions as to why she was here, but he did ask why his window was broken. He looked pissed and to be honest, I didn’t know why it was. Honey, told him that someone had tried to break in and I had stopped them. John looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I confirmed it, telling him Honey bit the man. She looked at me and winked. John nodded and left. I knew Honey had done it, when she tried to save me, from myself. Honey and I talked long into the day. I told her that I just wanted to be normal. Just to know what it felt like. I told her I had never kissed a girl before and she looked at me in shock. Everything went quiet after I said that. I felt like I had said something wrong. I looked down at the floor. “Well, if you want to, you can practice on me…” I looked at Honey, was she serious? Did she really want me to kiss her? She blushed like crazy and nervously pulled on her shirt. I smiled at her. I bit my lip and I didn’t really know how to kiss. The only one I had ever kissed had been my father, but even then, I didn’t kiss him. He kissed me then beat me. I didn’t know how. “Um, Honey?” “Yeah” “I- I don’t know how.” She smiled at me and said she would show me. She got up and pressed her lips against mine. She licked my lower lip, demanding entrance to my mouth. I didn’t give it to her though, I didn’t have to. She bit my lower lip and her tongue slid past my lips. I tentatively let my tongue join hers. We stayed there for at least a minute in our passionate embrace. Then the kiss abruptly ended. She sat back down beside me and smiled nervously. I smiled back at her. Really, the kiss wasn’t what I expected. I had expected pain, maybe roughness. Not the gentleness or softness of her lips. She laid on my bed and rested her head on my leg. I rested my head on my pillow. I held her close to me, it felt nice knowing there was someone there, someone who would always help me, if need be. We fell asleep like that. The next morning, I woke up to the buzzing sounds of my alarm clock. I groaned, and turned over putting my face in the pillow. I rolled over to turn of the alarm clock and instantly pressed into something warm. I looked down, it was a sleeping Honey. She looked pretty while she slept. She mumbled something unintelligibly in her sleep and wrapped her arms around my waist. I wanted to stay just like this. I turned off the alarm clock and fell back into a deep slumber.

I woke up again to Honey yelling, “Hunter, get up! We overslept.” I looked at the clock. We were about an hour late for school. I didn’t mind. Honey stepped out of the bathroom wearing a new outfit. I asked her where she got it. She said she had stopped home and picked up and few clothes. I nodded and walked to the shower. The cool water felt good. I looked at the razor blade on the counter. I didn’t what to cut, because I knew Honey would be mad at me. I picked it up, it was more or less of a habit now. He never made me feel better; it just made me feel like I had control. I took a deep breath and cut. I walked out of the shower and brushed my teeth. I combed my fingers through my hair and put on my snakebites. I put on my clothes and hurriedly ran out the door with Honey in tow. We made it to school and hour and a half late. I was just in time for my second class, History. I hated the subject, but I loved the war. Honey smiled at me and ran to her class. I looked at the empty desk in the back and sat down. After and hour and forty- five boring minutes talking about government, the class was over. It was time for lunch. I walked down the hall and met with Honey. I wanted to sit at her table with her, I just didn’t know if I could muster up the courage. I took a deep breath, followed her into the cafeteria and sat down at the table with her.