[17] Traning starts now

It was warm and sunny, the breeze making dessicated leaves flap relentlessly in the wind. Starflight and Tsunami were out on a little hunting trip with Tsunami's juniors, Dessicate and Sheba, two RainWings. The little dragonets followed suit as Tsunami and Starflight flew past the part of the forest that was draped with vines and covered in a forest of brambles and prickly bushes. The two older dragons landed with ease in a clearing, pine trees surrounding them and a scent of fresh air filled their nostrils.

"Don't stray too far," Warmed Tsunami. "We'll just be preparing some things. The village isn't far, but you don't know your way back. So stay." Dessicate and Sheba nodded obediently, eager to find out what was in store for themselves.

It wasn't long til the two dragons came back. They had a half-dead fox, a fox that was knocked out unconscious and a wounded badger. The dragonets would have heir fist training by trying to kill these easy prey, then move on to live prey. Convenient was it for them, for they had found a badger den.

"This is a fox," Starflight introduced the bleeding creature to the young juniors. They looked at it with growls and intimidating faces.

"Are they always this red?" Asked Sheba, poking at the bloody patches where Tsunami had clawed for it to be half-alive and not able to hurt the dragonets.

"No," replied Starflight. "Now, sorry to rush you, but we have to train now. Show me how you would kill this animal." He nudged the bleeding animal towards Sheba and Desiccate.

"Kill it? Ooh ooh, me first!" Exclaimed Sheba in a brutal but adorable way,as she pushed past Desiccate to make the first move. Starflight eyed her impatient manner.

"Please," she managed to squeak out, over Starflight's gaze. He nodded in approval, and allowed her to take first blood.

The little dragonet grinned happily at herself as she crouched down, her bottom shaking in the air as she aimed for the right spot to claw the fox. She pounced before the wounded creature could make any movement, and Sheba used her talons to rake the neck of the fox. Crimson blood oozed from the wound, and Tsunami watched with pleasant eyes.

"Well done, Sheba. Now it is your turn, Desiccate. Show us what you've got," Tsunami smiled encouragingly, gesturing for him to kill the badger. The black and white animal growled, trying to put up a fight but looking outrageously injured and too weak for a dragon battle. Desiccate did as he was told.

He swiped at the furry creature, making it dodge and letting him lash out his tail and sink his venomous teeth into it.

"Woah woah woah, be easy on the venom now, Desiccate. We'll be using as a weapon later for live prey. This one is dead." Tsunami looked over to the slumped body of the badger.

"Sorry, general. I just saw Queen Glory do practices of aiming and I wanted to try it out," the little dragonet hung his head in a cloud of shame.

"It's okay," Starflight assured him. "Spare some for live prey later. Good techniques, though," he smiled.