The Dress

This is to @Bree_Travers, the creator of the cover. Much love girl! Thanks

Chap. 1

She stood in front of the full length mirror. The gown hugged her bodice right and snug. She looked stunning - but didn't feel stunning. She loathed formality; but she had no choice. She kept her feet planted in front of her reflection and brushed off the floor-length skirt of her dress, trying to straighten out the pleats.

Her friend, the designer of the dark blue dress that was currently wrapped around her, came back inside her room. She gasped, "Gwen. You look beautiful. I did a good job."

She sighed, "Leigh, I don't like it."

Leigh went up to her and handed her, her mask, "Too bad. C'mon, this is B's big night. She's been planning this night for months."

"I feel like I'm in high school again."

"Well, it won't kill us to pretend."

"You're just saying that because you wanna see me in a dress."

"You're wearing a dress, regardless. I haven't seen you in one since prom, and that was years ago."

Gwen rolled her eyes, and began to take off the dress and save it for the following week. Although, she didn't like the idea of wearing a dress, she had to give her friend credit. It was a beautiful dress that she'd designed. It fit her right, and matched her mask perfectly.

Back in her sweatshirt and Capri sweatpants, she turned and laid out her dress on her bed. Gwen smirked and put her hands on her hips, "Now, lemme see yours."

Leigh went inside her bathroom, and after a couple minutes, she came back out, struggling with the zipper on the back, "Help."

She did so and when it was up all the way, her friend looked gorgeous in her light pink masquerade gown and mask. She shined.

Leigh stood in front of the mirror, just as Gwen did before her. She caught her friend's eyes and laughed, "Be thankful that I didn't use a light color on your dress."

"Trust me, I am."

She clapped, "I can't wait to show B hers."

"I can't wait 'til the party's over."

"Don't be such a party pooper."

She shook her head, "You've finished all of our dresses?"

"I should be finished with B's by next week."

"It better. Since next week is the party."

"It'll be done in time. I'm just glad you and B's dress sizes are the same. It makes things a whole lot easier for me."

Leigh stepped out of her dress and put her normal clothes back on. She zipped up her dress in a protective cover. The both of them said their goodbyes and Leigh left Gwen alone in her apartment.

She was finally alone.

Gwen laid down on her bed and began to daydream about being in the sky - flying through the clouds. Her dad always said that her family always had their head in the clouds; literally. She was almost done with her aviation hours. She's almost there.