King [Kageyama Tobio x Reader] [1/2]

Soulmate!AU where the first words your soulmate says to you is inked onto your wrist

A/N: - Reader is Tsukishima Kei's sister and she's in her last year of middle school
- it's a personal headcanon that Kei would be very protective of his little sister and akiteru would be the type of brother who spoils his sister a lot
- therefore reader may appear a little spoilt in this fic because she's used to things going her way
- this is your warning right here so if you don't like fics with readers with a childish/stubborn personality, please skip this over and move on to another fic :))

[Name] walked into Karasuno High School, a bento in hand as she looked around for the gym. Being a Saturday morning, the school was empty, aside from a couple of clubs having their activities.

She heard the familiar squeaks of volleyball shoes coming from behind a set of partially closed doors and when she peered inside, she saw a group of boys having a practice match. Pushing the door open, she cursed internally when a loud creak sounded.

"OHHH Noya-san, look! It's a cute girl!"

All eyes turned to her and she quickly sought out her brother, feeling awkward at the stares. It was easy to spy his tall lanky form, and the frown on his face was more than just a little familiar as he excused himself to walk up to her, ignoring the questions that a short guy and another bald player shot at him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Eh? Nii-chan, is that the way you greet your sister who painstakingly brought your bento all the way to school for you just because you forgot?"

"Alright. Thank you," Kei took the bento from her hands. "Now go back, and make sure you go straight home."

"But I want to stay and watch!"

Like both of her elder brothers, Tsukishima [Name] enjoyed playing volleyball, and watching volleyball matches was one of the things that the siblings often did together.

Seeing the pout on her face, Kei sighed resignedly and pointed to the bench where a pretty black-haired girl sat. "That's Kiyoko-san, our club manager. Go sit with her and don't be a nuisance."

A striking head of orange suddenly crossed the breadth of the court, and she gasped when the orange-haired boy jump up and spike the ball that was perfectly in-line with his hand. The setter must be amazing, she thought as the ball flew pass the opponents' defense and hit the ground.

"Woah Nii-chan! Everything happened so quickly! Can you do that?"

Kei scowled at his sister, nudging her to where Kiyoko sat. "That's the 'King of the Court' I told you about."

She nodded, recalling that one time when he mentioned his volleyball team having a really good setter. Kei returned to the court after being called by their captain and [Name] introduced herself to the manager before sitting down beside her, watching this 'King' intently.

The raven-haired setter moved confidently in the court, a calculated look in his eyes whenever he tossed to a player with pin-point accuracy. She found herself captivated by him, awe-struck by his talent. And when he turned to yell at the orange-headed boy, she would giggle at how riled up he got as they bantered.

~~

Kageyama could feel her staring at him throughout the game, and whenever he glanced at her, she would still be staring at him, not even bothering to hide the fact that she was watching him so closely.

It unnerved him.

A part of him wanted to scream at her to look away, or at least ask her why she was staring. He wasn't used to having a girl look at him like that, and to be honest with himself, he felt a little shy feeling her gaze follow his every move. He was so conscious of her that he couldn't concentrate solely on the volleyball that came flying straight at him, until it hit him squarely in the face.