"Then how did you know EXACTLY which model my jeep is"?

I know I probably shouldn't be mad at him since he's in a pretty good position to break both my arm and put a dent on my jeep. Also because I strangely don't feel like it anymore. He lets go of my arm and I give him his keys.

"You know how some people are good at knowing other people without actually interact with them" Derek asks "It's the same for me, but with cars".

I don't know why his explanation doesn't sound waterproof but I let it go. He drives away and so do I, and the pressure in my chest is suddenly gone.

-

Halfway home I get a text from Scott.

To: Stiles
From: Scottie
Where are you? Lacrosse practice in 15 minutes

"Crap"!

I park the jeep at the side of the road and text him back.

To: Scottie
From: Stiles
Sorry, totally forgot, on my way

To: Stiles
From: Scottie
You better be

I start the jeep and make a u-turn and rush back to school. When I park my jeep at the school I notice Derek's black Camaro is parked beside my jeep, again.
What the Hale [A/N #SorryNotSorry] is he doing here!?
I manage to change and catch up to Scott right before he leaves the locker room.

"Dude, you almost missed practice" he says and grabs his stick "Now hurry".

I quickly change and run after him. When I get out on the field I see him, Derek Hale, sitting on the bleachers. He is looking at me but I look away and catch up with the rest of my team to begin practice.

-

"Dad, I'm home"!

No answer, again. I walk into the kitchen to check the fridge, dad usually leaves a note, didn't forget it this time 'Working late because we got a 187, sorry' He always is ... I lock the door and walk upstairs to my room crumbling the note.

I throw my backpack on the floor along with my jacket and sit on the chair next to my desk. Just to keep myself busy for a while I turn on my computer and log onto an online chatroom.

< ProblemBoy187 (Stiles): Anyone online?
< MejaisSoulstealer707: Yes, do you wanna talk again?

The profile of this account don't tell you their gender but so far he or she has been very caring and a great listener, and it also goes the other way around.

< ProblemBoy187: I actually dunno, my dad's not home, again ...
< MejaisSoulstealer707: Oh ... I'm sure he has his reasons, either way I'm always here for you :)
< ProblemBoy187: Yeah, he got a possible 187, a murder, and had to deal w that, and thanks :) Don't know the last time I spoke to someone who actually cared about me ...
< MejaisSoulstealer707: Really? Not even your best friend Scott?

Yes, he/she knows about Scott and Lydia and the rest of my friends. Just not the whole supernaturalthing.

< ProblemBoy187: No, too busy touching Kira or taking care of his younger brother Liam

Yes, I lie to people online too, not just my dad. Though I don't feel bad about it online like I do when I lie to my dad. Mostly because I've lied to my dad so much he doesn't really trust me anymore.

< MejaisSoulstealer707: I see, well have you heard anything from Lydia? Or spoken to her?
< ProblemBoy187: No, she's too busy being cooped up n all with this guy from our Lacrosse team :/

With that, the chat is over.

-

I'm still awake when my dad gets home. I check my phone, it's 1 AM. Lately, well for three and a half months actually, I've been having trouble sleeping. Lately it's been because I'm confused about my feelings for Lydia. I'm starting to think they're just a cover for my real crush. I also can't stop thinking about Derek, I don't know why though. The fact that dad is rarely home isn't helping.

I can hear him open the fridge, knowing what he's going for, the whiskey bottle!
I carefully open the door to my room and quietly walk downstairs. He's pouring up a glass when I reach the foot of the staircase. I can't just stand here watch him getting drunk and start ranting about my ... My ... My mom again. I almost let a sob pass my lips but I bite my tongue to prevent it.

"What are you doing awake, Stiles" my dad suddenly asks.

Surprised by his sudden question, I stumble forward almost into the wall.

"I eh ... Got a ..." I start but my dad cuts me off.

"Save the lies".

"Okay, well ..." I try again while my dad is intensely staring into my eyes making it impossible to avoid eye contact "I don't want you to work more than twelve hours, only to come home to drink, floor and wake up to repeat! NOT TO MENTION WHEN YOU START TALKING ABOUT MOM WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK"!

I regret the last twelve words as soon as they leave my mouth. We end up staring at each other in silence.

After what feels like an hour, my dad breaks the silence.

"I didn't ..." he frowns and looks at the ceiling "I didn't know you felt that way".

"You mean like loving and caring about you because you're my dad and sadly my only family member alive" I say "Uhm ... Forget that last part".

He stands up and embraces me in a hug, squeezing me 'til I'm out of breath.

"Oh Stiles ...".

I can feel a couple of tears run down my cheeks. Then it hits me! Out of nowhere I get this odd pressure in my chest, right where my heart is. It's the same as I got earlier today. I pull away from my dad but it won't stop.

"I'm gonna go to sleep" I say trying to ignore the pressure in my chest.

Focus dude focus, I try to calm myself splashing some water in my face. Completely. Calm. I got this, I think and the pressure is suddenly gone. As I Google my symptoms 15 minutes later the pressure is back! But this time it's more like pain than pressure! I know Googling your symptoms is the last thing you should do, because you always end up with some deadly disease. After a couple of minutes I end up on the same website I did when I found out Scott is a werewolf. But this time it's not about being a werewolf, it's about being his mate!

A/N Don't know if you can call that a cliffhanger since I think you know where I'm going ;) Also, my first chapter, what do you think? Is it good, decent or bad? I really want to know so I can improve or maybe change something, so don't forget to leave a comment :)Was this chapter too long or too short? I'm trying to write at least 1500 words because when I wrote my Everthorne fanfic (still writing it, just put it on hold for this one) I used to write really short chapters, kinda boring really ... But I don't want it to feel like some of the chapters of this(!) fanfic are just "filler-chapters"
Also, so I won't interrupt with so many authors notes, I'm gonna warn you right now that I'll be using a lot of references from Teen Wolf and stuff like "Hoech/Hale" and what not, so be aware :) Love ya

Stay Sterek ♥ Sara