Speechless

Steve's POV

I sat on my bed, turned on the TV, and face-palmed.

This was getting me nowhere. I had been thinking and searching for the End Portal that Nightmare had used. But I hadn't found anything. "Grace" just went missing a couple of days ago.

The closest I've gotten to the portal was when I heard that two guards were found knocked-out against the side of a house. They still haven't woken up, so I have no idea what they know.

I am almost certain that the guards were attacked by Nightmare, further making me believe my father was right. But I am beginning to think I might care about her, after all, she saved my life. I just wish she was as nice to the other people of Minecraft, as she's nice to me. Then, I wouldn't have to do this.

I laid down on my bed and fell asleep. My dreams filled with visions of Nightmare.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Nightmare's POV

"Huh. Who's there!" I called out when I heard the sound of footsteps. I stood up and looked around where I heard the noise.

"It's just me!" Replied Steve as he appeared out of the darkness.

"It's great to see you." I said with a sigh of relief. I smiled.

"It's good to see you to." He said and we walked back to the purple fire I had been previously watching.

"Roooooaaaaarrrrrrr!!!!" Said Ender and outstretched her wings.

"Oh and this is Ender! Ender, this is Steve. It's ok, he's not like the other players. He won't hurt you." I said and wanted to giggle when I saw Steve's face. He looked half terrified, and half super surprised.

Ender hesitated for a moment and then laid back down. She was in a much better shape now, I had managed to heal a lot of her. But she still couldn't fly.

"H-hi Ender." Said Steve awkwardly.

We sat down on opposite sides to the fire.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok."

"How did you know where I was?"

"Some NPCs found two guards knocked out on the side of a house. Just outside the museum. I worked out the rest from there." He replied.

"Thanks. For everything. I think I've found the only person left that doesn't want to kill me." I said with a smile.

It felt good to have someone left on my side. And he was a player. My father was wrong, not all players should be killed. And Steve proved that. Then I remembered Notch.

Steve's POV

I looked back at Nightmare after a while. She seemed to have been staring blankly for at least three minutes. She looked worried.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm, going, to die." She choked.

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am. Even if I stay here my whole life in hiding, someone will find me."

"But you've got powers. You're practically immortal."

"It doesn't matter. There is another 'practically immortal' being who will definitely kill me, if not, his son."

"Who's that?" I said and shifted a little.

"Notch. Notch, he's trying to wipe out mobs. He's like my father, except fighting for the opposite cause. They are the two gods of the world, once friends, now enemies. I can't escape this."

"But, he's gone. Isn't he?" I said awkwardly. She was starting to cry a bit.

"Maybe. But he will be back. And even if he doesn't come back. He has a son. His son will kill me, I know it." She said sadly. She ran up up to me and hugged me. I couldn't help but hug her back.

"All I wanted was to make peace! How is everyone trying to kill me for that? I, I don't want to die!" She said crying on my shoulder.

I was speechless. I felt dreadful. I didn't know what to do.

"What could I do?"