Chapter 3: My Angel

Start from the beginning

 She frowned, and I felt confusion emanate from her. 

"He's my mate, Indy-can I call you that-of course I possess a telepathic llink with him." she said.

I laughed. "Yeah, you can call me that."

I frowned. "Um...mate? I never read anything about that in any of the books."

Sara stared a few minutes, then cleared her throat. "B-books? What books are you talking about?"

"Books that I took from m-"

The bell rang and both of our eyes widened. Collecting our items and cursing when we banged onto something. I pushed a band onto my head, to hold my bangs back and let the rest of my hair cascade down my back. We opened the door, locked it up, and ran down the corridor, and I noticed many others were doing the same. Christ, one girl had her shower cap on.

Smiling, I pulled it off and winked at her, tossing it into her bag. Smiling at me gratefully after throwing me a sheepish expression she pulled out a comb and pulled her tresses into a simple ponytail.

I re-enforced my shields and stepped out of the dorm along with Sara. 

Today's going to be exciting. I thought, with a smile.

                                                                                  *

The classes AISP offered included Supernatural History (which was divided into Shifter History, Tele-History that included all the Telepaths and Telekinetic history), English (something I know, thank you, God), Defence Class (which I found out is P.E on steroids). 

Funnily enough, there was no History of my kind.

Must have been lost along the way, I thought shrugging, because really, what can be done about it?

My day had barely started, when I felt the most weirdest thing. I felt an emotion with a smell. Okay, that sounded better in my head. For the first time in my life, I smelt the scent of the source of the emotions I could feel. The emotions were raw, primitive but precise and sharp. Shifter. I thought. I took a deep breath in. What was that smell? 

Forest and rain someother smell that was just mouth watering. 

The followed the marker that I knew I could sense across the largest distances..why was that? I was extremely sensitive to this marker. I focused in on it, using my well-honed skills to track this particular person.

Who are you? I thought.

Sara, who I was talking to, followed me, confused.

"Indy?" she asked.

"I can feel-" I stopped.

Was that...? A sharp pain shot through my lip, when at the same time Sara's lip burst open, blood pouring. Cursing, we looking at each other.

"Jeff." we said together.

Ignoring the other marker that was calling me, I focused on Jeff's marker, that I'd unconsciously started to keep out an Empathetic eye out on. He was hurt, which was why I could feel what he felt.

How had Sara's lip done the same though? Must be the mysterious mate thing, because she knew exactly where Jeff was, just like I did. We faced a large group of students all watching a fight. 

I smelt that mouth watering smell again. Forcing myself to ignore it, I pushed past all the people staring blankly. Sara was in front of me, rushing to get to Jeff. I felt the need she felt to get to Jeff.

I rushed forward along with Sara, to pick a fallen Jeff up, as he wiped his mouth and spit blood out. He pushed both of us behind him, as he stood straight again for another face off. 

"Shut up, Stripe. You don't know what the hell they were talking about." Jeff spat. I felt spite and hatred spill from Jeff.

I automatically reached out to place three fingers to his arm, calming him down, taking in his feelings. He immediately relaxed and Sara threw me a grateful look as she pressed a kiss to Jeff's very broad back, because really that's all we could see. I couldn't see past his broad back to the opposite side. 

Who was he talking to?

I opened my mind and stretched it across to whoever he was fighting. 

I sucked in a deep breath. It was him. The marker that was drawing me in. Forests and rain and something else..

"If you want a fight, you might want to attack while the man faces you. Not when he turns away. Where did you learn your manners, Lean?" a deep, husky voice said. The voice was soft and hard, deep and thick and it swirled around, driving my emotions haywire. I snapped back control.

"Back off, Nathan! What's your problem?!" Sara snapped, pushing against Jeff's hold. He just pushed her back. His control over his animal seemed slipping.

I placed my hand on his arm. 

Calm down. I instructed, emotionally. He couldn't hear me, but he could feel me.

"I'm trying." Jeff muttered to me.

"You have more than one mate, Jeff?" another voice spat at him.

I felt Sara's emotion spike. Hatred, possessiveness spewed from her. 

Oh, for the love of all duck's that can swim. I thought, pushing past Jeff, and locking gazes with the most greenest eyes I'd ever seen. I felt my Empath punch out. My emotions rocked, mingling with his. I felt my eyes go amber, something they usually did when I was at my peak of using my empathic powers. His eyes went luminescent, as they glowed. I took in his features, hungrily. He had dark tousled hair, green as emerald eyes, corded veins running down his thick arms, his dark shirt stretched across his chest doing nothing to hide his muscled body and broad shoulders. He looked like an angel.

My angel. I thought. 

He let out a low growl, and I shuddered. Emotions of awe, shock, love, possessiveness, contentment spreading through me. I realized I was wide, and I was picking up a lot of others emotions. I started to pull my shields in, but it was like he'd punched through my walls, and they'd crumbled. Christ. 

He walked towards me. My eyes were still amber and his were still glowing. 

My control was slipping. My head was throbbing and it felt like air was rushing past my ears. Crap-tastic.

He lifted his hand and ran his knuckles down my cheek. 

"I found you." he whispered, his breath caressing my skin. I felt his words revibrate through me, past all the other sounds and emotions. A feeling of euphoria filled me, as I looked into his eyes.

All the emotions I was experiencing, mine, his, and everyone else's, hit a crescendo and I blacked out. 

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked that :D! Vote and comment dahlings! :D! Again, sorry for any and all typo's!