“I don’t love him.”

“Not now, but soon you will, you just have to give it a chance.”

“He raped me.”

He pulled me in closer and I could feel his tears against my neck.

“I know, I never thought it would come down to that, but you gave him no choice, you were trying to hurt the baby.”

“It doesn’t deserve this life.”

“Yes it does. Every child has a right to live and this is why Trevor is living right now because Xavier wanted him to live. Xavier chose to go not because he didn’t love you, but because he did.”

 I shook my head, he was making no sense.

“Just listen to me...”

He lifted my chin and wiped my tears.

“You were meant for Trevor from the very beginning. Xavier was just here temporarily, Trevor was keeping Xavier alive with his human blood and Xavier’s bond with you was keeping Trevor alive. The bonded blooded Xavier had was keeping Trevor alive until he died and now Trevor will be getting Xavier’s heart, but that heart needs to be loved by you. You can’t give up now, Trevor needs you, and this pack needs you.”

But mating is between wolves, not hearts, how is that possible?”

“Trevor never had a wolf, did you not ever notice?”

I shook my head, pulling away from him as I needed some space and air.

“Xavier loved you, there was no doubt about that, but Xavier was never meant to be yours. It’s rare when a human boy is born on the same day, at the same time, in the same hospital as a wolf. It’s legend that when that happens, paths can cross and the human gets the wolf and the wolf stays human. When that happens, things get complicated. They needed each other to survive and when Xavier found you, Trevor knew who he wanted to be with.”

“I was just survival to them.”

“No Emma…”

“Yes I was! It’s why he never really loved me, why he could go on and sleep with the entire town without remorse! I was never his! I was never… his.”

“Xavier wasn’t supposed to fall in love with you, you were only meant to fall in love with him.”

“Oh god…”

I shook my head and sat down on the bed.

“The feeling your wolf has, is for the same wolf, it’s just in a different body. Nothing has changed the love is still there only with its rightful owner.”

I shook my head, I was so confused.

“Emma, Trevor is your rightful mate and now that you’re fully…”

“NO! He took that without my permission.”

“You can’t deny it. You’ve mated under the red moon which only means your bond is that much stronger.”

 “I WON’T, I WON’T DO IT!”

“You won’t go long. All mates go through it at first. Both of you are Alphas, blood in and blood out and your bond will only grow that much stronger until you take over this pack.”

“I don’t want it, I’ll reject him.”

“Then you will die.”

“Fine.”

“Emma…”

I ran out then and went looking for him, finding him in the living room with his face in his hands. My heart ached for him and when the baby kicked I stopped. He must have caught my sent because he looked up and quickly came towards me.