Press Release No 21

Today's news in the UK is dominated by the death of Maragret Thatcher. Suffice to say I am not a fan and do not mourn her passing. I mourn the fact that her ideologies live on and continue to destroy the lives of the most vulnerable.

Despite blanket coverage I have managed to find another bizarre story for this collection.

****

'Think you decided to read this? The brain has a mind of its own'  ( The Times 8/04/13)

Scientists at Harvard University claim that the brain's neurons actually make decisions before the conscious brain is aware of them and that therefore choice may be nothing more than an illusion. Neuro-scientists studying brain activity have said they can see that a decision has been made before the subject is consciously aware of it, this will open up a debate on the nature of choice and free will, although they are careful to say this is about small time-frames and small things, not really big decisions, that would need more study.

****

Seems to me that thay are copping out of the argument a bit, either we know what we are doing or we don't, at the speed impulses travel in the brain, the time between different ares activating may be able to be seen but is so small that it makes no real difference to our behaviour. Separate brain and mind if you must but I still think we are responisble for our decisions and am not going to blame my brain for my misdeeds.  In any case they cannot punish my brain without punishing me. I am my brain.

ps. My brain told me to write this, It was not my choice, if you don't like it blame my brain or those bloody neuro-scientists at Harvard who have stolen my free-will. nothing will be the same again.

T'was not me T'was my brain

It made me act that way again

all this suffering and shame

its not my fault it was my brain!!!

Written by Vernicho ( 9 April 2013 ) Copyright ( All Rights Reserved )