Fine

Leee

As Belle left the doctor came in and told me my medical status.

"So when can I leave?" I asked.

"We wanted to keep you for a few more days. You are not fully recovered. Your arm should be in the cast for a few days. We just want to watch you to see if anything different. Keep off your left foot as much as possible."

"Okay, doctor." I sighed.

"Please, call me Leroy."

My eyes snapped to him. "Excuse me?"

"That's my name. Leroy Phillips." He said, not understanding my behavior.

I narrowed my eyes. "Well okay then. Dr. Phillips."

What a common name.

Later that night I called Jace to come back because, hell, I needed someone right now. And I couldn't cry forever. I wiped up my face and sat up and waited for him to come.

"Hey bitch." His smile faded when he saw my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked urgently.

Silence.

"Where's Belle?"

I looked at him. "I told her to leave."

"What? Why? She's been here and never left your side. Haylee had to carry her homework and everything. What happened?"

I sighed and told him everything. He look upset but he still said. "I know that what she did was wrong, but you'll never find another girl that will love you as much as Belle loves you."

He came beside me on the bed and I put my head on his chest. "I know but it hurts." Tears fell down my face.

He kissed my forehead and I leaned up a little more and brushed my lips against his. He cupped my face and gave me the comfort I needed. His lips were nothing like Belle's. They weren't as soft but they were warm.

We parted and I looked into his eyes.

"Nope." I popped the 'p'. "Still gay." I laughed.

"Whatever. You totally just used me." He frowned.

"You were being a best friend."

"Yeah cause you're totally not my type." He laughed.

"Don't flatter yourself." I scoffed.

~~~~~

In the morning, Jace was getting up for school.

"You have to forgive her. Did you two break up?"

"Well basically. But I don't know." I shrugged.

"Maybe she comes by."

"Maybe I don't want to see her. She really hurt me Jace. How am I supposed to trust her now? Maybe I should just end it." I rubbed my face.

Jace looked at me in a sympathetic way. "Rylee, a relationship is like a house. When a lightbulb burns out, you don't buy a new house. You fix the lightbulb."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Whatever."

"Remember she forgave you with Haylee, why can't you forgive her?"

"You and I both know its different with Haylee, and I never fucked her!"

"She was drunk." He said.

"I don't care." I huffed.

~~~~

I was watching the television when someone knocked on the door.