The Response

Titus's POV

I had just closed the door of the restaurant when I heard someone call my name. I turned around and there she was.

"Titus," she said again.

I looked down. I still couldn't get over the fact that the question had escaped my mouth. I could vaguely hear footsteps, but most of my mind was replaying the dinner scene. Oh gosh. Why did I make a fool of myself?

Then I felt a soft hand raise my chin.
I looked straight into Emily's dark brown eyes. They were beautiful. They were calming and comfortable. She seemed so down-to-earth when she looked at me. She took away her hand, but I continued to look her in the eyes.

We were close. Not even a foot away. I could feel the uncertainty in the air.

"I'm sorry. Really. I didn't mean to make the dinner so awkward," I told her.

She shook her head and replied, "Titus. Just give me a sec. I was in a lot of shock when you asked me that. I-I couldn't reply. The answer is no, I don't have a boyfriend."

My heart started racing. I felt like I heard her wrong. My mind was racing. Did she really follow me out to say this?

"And based on your expression right now, I'm guessing you have another question," she continued and gave me a small smile.

Don't mess this up, Titus.

"Y-yes. I-I was w-wondering if y-you would..." I started.

Stop stuttering!!

She gave me another smile, a little bigger this time. "Take your time."

"P-please go out with me," I blurted out.

This time, Emily's smile seemed to grow to its full extent. She nodded and quickly gave me a hug.

"Yes, I'd love to," she whispered in my ear.

I could feel myself blush.

You did it.

We both walked back into the restaurant. I was probably as red as a pepper. She seemed to have a hard time not smiling.

This night turned out to be better than I had ever anticipated. And I felt like this girl could really be the one for me.