Ch 1

My names Jackie Blackwebb, I've lived in this adoption center since I was thirteen. Tomorrow me and Kain, my twin brother, turn sixteen.

I laid down in my bed, my batman pajamas on, my laptop on my stomach, watching YouTube. Right as I finished watching a video I got a text from Kain.

K- Hurry, Boys bathroom second floor I'm cornered.

J- Be there in two!

I ran to the guys bathroom and of course these assholes are beating him. For Kain's sake it was 5 against 1.

"Oh what do we have here? Emo girl to back up her emo little bro?" He said it with as much sarcasm as he had. I got them off Kain and the main guy who was messing with him chooses to say this to me "Maybe we don't have to fight," and the mother fucker tried to kiss me.

So I kneed him in the balls and said "We're twins get your facts straight before you speak."

His little posse came after me, right hook, left kick , and move back. Its fun to know how to fight. I take Kain to my room and examined his cuts and bruises. He had a busted lip, a lot of bruises, he also had a huge cut on his arm and his eyeliner was messed up.

I give him one of my bottles of concealer to cover the bruises, I sowed up his cut and wiped all the eyeliner off his face. We asked our social worker if Kain could spend the night in my room. I mean I live in that room by myself. She said "Yes, consider it a birthday present."

Kain and me went to his room, where they were trying to make sure they didn't have broken jaws, we got some of his things and went to my room. We hugged, I told him to hang in there, and remember I will always be there for him. I messed up his hair, and we went to sleep.