Chapter 8

Dipper, Mabel and Grunkle Stan crawled out of the once blocked tunnel. They emerged in the same back alley, this time in the darkness of night. "Dipper, who was that?" Mabel asked.

"That was Bill... he wanted me to dance with him?" Dipper said it like a question, a bit weirded out. He noticed his navy blue bangs were still pulled aside and brought them back to cover his gem.

"Dance?" Stan started pacing. "What power could gems possibly use with dance?"

What was Chrysoberyl trying to accomplish? His mind flashed back to the scene, many of the monsters were multicolored and had no gems. It was like he fused a bunch of body limbs together. Was he going to do that to Dipper? Then why'd he want to dance? "Stan, you've got some 'splainin to do." Mabel said.

"I know kid, I know." He sighed. Everyone jumped slightly when they heard the groans from the tunnel. "I'll explain back at the shack."

--------------

Stan explained all he could, all he knew, in fact. How they were gemstones. Extraterrestrial beings. Aliens. He explained that Bill was defective and last time he escaped his bubble the previously mentioned (and missing) Hematite defeated him. He explained how Sodalite and multiple other gems live in Gravity Falls. Living completely undetected by gem technology.

He explained how their bodies were made of light and how that's all he really knew.

Dipper high fived Mabel. His pupils blew way up in excitement. "I knew we were aliens!"

Stan sighed. "Did you know that now you know you're going into a training camp?"

The twins' eyes widened. "Boo!" Mabel shouted.

"What? Why?" Dipper asked, voice cracking slightly.

"To learn how to use your gem super powers or something." Stan shrugged. "Classified. Don't worry though. I forgive you for abandoning me a few days ago."

Dipper rubbed his arm. "Oh yeah, sorry."

"Plus, you'll still live here. You'll just be going to the therapist every weekday morning to train." Stan shrugged. "You kids better get some sleep. Have a big day tomorrow. And hey, welcome back Dipper."

"D'aww thanks Stan." Dipper said, a bit shyly. He and Mabel climbed up the stairs into their rooms.

--------------

Sodalite gasped and a tear dripped from her left eye. "You'll actually let me help?" She trembled. "Train them?" She smiled as she ran in place. She took a deep breath and calmed down. "It's about time you rusty human."

Stan sighed. "Yeah, yeah. Just make sure they're back by noon." He left the place before he got in trouble for seeing something he wasn't supposed to.

Sodalite gave the twins an excited smile. "It's an honor. You should have seen you guys back in the day, you were such a duo. "A holographic image of two girls appeared behind her. They were dancing. A blue one with long pure white hair, the other, orange with beautiful golden hair. Both looked older then the twins. One danced with grace, the other in very rhythmic steps and swings.

Mabel started laughing. "Dipper was a girl?!" Dipper glared at his sister and pouted.

Sodalite shook her head. "Gems have no gender unless they choose so. They cannot have children in the same ways humans do." The holographic Mabel grabbed the holographic Dipper's hands and spun him around, when they came in for a hug they were covered in a blinding light.