Chapter Twenty-Three: The Night Before

Jesse continuously rubbed his eyes, trying to tell if he was seeing double or not. The girl next to Angela looked just like her, except her hair was shorter than Angela's.

"Where am I?" Asked Jesse, "and why am I seeing two of you, Angela?"

"Seriously, you think that Alexia looks a lot like me too?" Said Angela as she continued to heal Jesse's arm.

"Alexia? You mean the girl next to you with shorter hair?" Asked Jesse.

Angela nodded her head.

"Her name is Alexia," said Angela, "she's Death's daughter."

Jesse flinched back.

"I'm not dead am I? It's hard to tell because I'm already pale and well, she's here," said Jesse.

"Relax, I'm not here for reaping business," said Alexia with a smile, "I'm here to compete in the Wizard Games. I'm on Team Undead."

"Wait, if you're on an opposing team, why is she here?" Said Jesse.

"I invited her here, we have a lot of things in common," said Angela, "we like most of the same video games, animes, books and a bunch of other activities."

"Plus we're both vegetarians to land animals," said Alexia, "I'm a vegetarian because when I become the next head reaper, I'm going to have to take a lot of mortal lives, so I became a vegetarian to lessen the guilt."

"So you two look alike and have similar likes and you two don't find that the least bit suspicious?" Asked Jesse.

Angela and Alexia shrugged.

"It's just pure coincidence," said Angela, "now stay still so I can heal your bruises. I've only been able to heal a few bruises so far, by the way, why do you have so many on your arms and legs?"

"What did you think I used to block Azalea's physical attacks?" Said Jesse.

Angela grabbed Jesse's arm but he quickly pulled it away.

"You don't need to waste your energy on me, save it for the competition," said Jesse, "by the way, how long was I out for?"

Angela thought about it for a moment.

"I would say longer than six hours, I'm not exactly sure, but we just arrived at the Wizard Games today," she said, "and don't worry about my energy, I have plenty of it and as long as I get a good nights sleep, I'll have more than enough for the games. Now quit being stubborn and let me heal your dang arm!"

Jesse was still too fatigue to fight with Angela, not to mention she also had Alexia for backup. So he just sighed and let her use her healing powers on his arm. Angela put her hands on Jesse's arm and her hands began to glow. Jesse felt a relaxing sensation as Angela started healing his arm again.

"So, did I miss anything exciting while I was asleep?" Asked Jesse.

"Actually, it's kind of a long story," said Angela.

Angela began explaining everything to Jesse from the top. She told him that they had to be cautious during the games because of the many disappearances last year, about the ride to the Wizard Games, and everyone who was at the Wizard Games. She told him about Cassandra, Barry's friends, Cecil, Carolyn and reluctantly told him that his sister and her friend were here. As soon as he heard his sister's name, he sat up from the bed in anger.

"What?! That witch is here?!" Snapped Jesse.

"Um yeah, and there's no need for such colorful language," said Angela, "now lie back down."

Jesse slapped her hand away before she could do anything. He stood up from the bed and started to walk towards the door.

"That rotten witch! I'm going to permanently smack that ugly fake smile off her ugly face!" Growled Jesse.