Chapter 22-Damsel In Distress

Parineeti's POV _

"I an sure he still loves you!" Meehika commented.

"How can you say?" I asked. She scoffed.

"Well have you seen his face when he is around you?" She asked as matter of factly. I rolled my eyes at her.

" I did, but have you? Your eyes were always glued to the laptop screen!" I joked. She glared at me through her small eyes.

"Whatever! But still the way you rejected him at your wedding, if I were in his place, I would have never befriended you again." She said. I stared at her dumbly.

"So.." she trailed off.

"So?" I asked stupidly. She slapped her forehead.

"That means he still has some feeling for you!" She exclaimed. I knit my eyebrows together.

"Really?"  She asks.  She nodded her head rapidly.

"Yes!" She smiled broadly while I gave her confused nod.

"What about you?" She asked excitedly.

"What about me?" She gave me a are-you-freaking-serious look. 

"You are pathetic about this 'love' feelings" Meehika stated blankly.

"I know!" I exclaimed.

" uhhmm how do you feel around him?" She asked.

"How does that even matter?" I asked.

"Just answer the damn question woman!" I pout.

"Well I feel really comfortable around him but still my hearts hammers like it's the first day of my college." I explained. After I finished, she broke out in a big grin.

"Voila! You've fallen love!" She exclaimed and clapped her hands together.

"Are you serious? " I asked.

"That's like worst reply anybody said when they found out they are in love." She monotonusly. I glared at her.

"But why him?" I asked.

"How would I know? Now go to sleep!" She said while making her way out of the bedroom door.

"Well that was a great help!" I sarcastically said and threw a pillow at her. She turned and grinned like a monkey at me.

"Your welcome, my damsel in distress!" She exclaimed dramatically while rolled my eyes at her incredibly bakwas pj.

"By the way, switch the lights off and close the door." I said. She switched the lights off and slammed the door shut. I buried my head into my comfy pillow. 
_Few Days Later_

"Get married, you oaf!" Shree said and threw her wedding card at my face. I scowled at her. I picked up the wedding card, which had 'Shantanu Weds Shreeshthi' written on it in big letters.

"You are getting married to Shantanu Chaterjee?" I asked to confirm. She nodded.

"He was our college bad boy" I exclaimed. She smiled and nodded.

"And you rejected him once.." she nodded.

" well then what are you waiting for? Christmas? Tell me how 'this' happened?" I literally yelled. She smiled with a twinkle in her eyes.

"Well you know why I rejected him?"

"Duh! He was the bad boy!  That's why! And you were the goody two shoes"

"Exactly!"

"What's the point?" I asked impatiently.

"Few months aback, I met him once again and he proved himself to me!" She said.

"After all this years he still loves you?" I asked.

"Yes! Weird, no?" I nodded my head rapidly.

"Very! So that means he changed?" I asked. She shook her head.

"He didn't change, he just proved that the way he is, he is the one for me."  She said.

Shantanu still loves Shree, Does that mean Varun still has some sort of feeling for me?

My thoughts were disturbed by the continious ringing of the door bell.

God! Is that Varun again? I went to the main door and opened it.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I yelled in excitement. Shuvo and his three years old Agastya was infront of me. I opened my arms wide and went to hug the person I love the most.  Shuvo too had her arms wide open. I engulfed Agastya in a big bear hug and kissed his whole face. Yes, while  shuvo stood there next to me with her arms wide open like a retard. In the background I could hear Shree snickering.

"Did you missed 'Mashi'?" I asked him. She nodded and grinned showing his crooked teeths. 

"Well hello to you too! Pari" shuvo said in a flat voice and got inside.

"Awee is our shuvo jealous shree?" I playfully asked Shree.

"Maybe pari, because I can smell something burning!" Shree played along as she sniffed the air. I picked Agastya up and closed the door.  

"Shut up you duffers!" She said and plopped on the bed and made herself comfortable.

"So what's new?" She asked.

"Shree's wedding!" I said.

"So will it be in Delhi or Kolkata?" She asked.

"Kolkata! It'll be a full bengali wedding!" Shree answered.

"It's going to be awesome!" Shuvo exclaimed in excitement.

"Hmm" we agreed.

I am really sorry for this awefully short and late chapter. I am having a major writer's block. I forced myself to write this chapter.