Chapter 15- Laksh wed Dimple

Parineeti's POV _

I don't know why I got jealous when I saw that alia girl clinging on Varun. I felt a pang of jealousy. I wanted to slap her hands away from Varun. I know I am thinking like a child but.....

" Oyee pari where are you lost?" I saw meehika, she was wearing a navy frock like dress.

" Nowhere...where are you going?"

" Office, I seriously want to murder my boss" she made an "angry" face but that was totally funny.

" No worries, I'll be always be there to bail you out" I said dramatically.

" I know that's why I love you" she said playing along.

" But why are leaving at this hour, I wanna be with you right now"

"I know baby! But I have to work and gain a position for us" we stared at each until a loud laughter echoed the room, which was my  voice, soon meehika joined.

" Okay I have to leave or else I would get late and arif will kill me with his barbs"  Arif was her boss.

" Kay, later babe"

" bye janu" she made a kissy face and left. I laughed and closed the door. I decided to finish my work. I opened my laptop and started working. After an hour the door bell rang. I thought it was meehika, so I opened the door without checking  who it was. And there he stood grinning from ear to ear.

" I know I shouldn't have given you my address!" I exclaimed loudly.

" Well too bad, cause now I am here! And where are you manners? Won't you ask me to come in? Do you all beng-"

" okay stop! Not one of you remarks about bengalis! Come in" he grinned and came inside.

" By the way what are those?" I asked referring to the things he was holding which was a box of cupcakes,  a classy card, some cute balloons and a bouquet of white roses and pink carnations.  My favourite.

" Oh this!" He smirked at me "are for you."

"Okaaaaay" I first took the bouquet.

" How did you know this is my favourite combination?"

"I have my ways" he was still smirking.

" You just guessed, didn't you?" I said with a blank face. His smirked vanished from his lips.

" Damn woman, you certainly know a lot about me" I laughed at him. I placed the bouquet on the table. I took the box from him and opened it.

" Aww so cute" the cupcakes were designed like ivory flowers.  I took one and started eating it. I don't care even it was smeared on my whole mouth.  He chuckled at me.

" Why balloons? " I asked him. He just shrugged.

" This were cute so I brought them for you" the balloons were indeed reallly cute. I tied them on the door's handle.

" It's looks good na?" He smiled at he and nodded.

" And finally the card" I extended my hand and he gave it to me. I opened it. It read Laksh weds Dimple. I raised an eyebrow and looked up from the card.

" Varun what are you doing?" He was on his one knee.

"Parineeti Chakrobarty, will you be my date to this wedding?"

"What?"

" my mom is persuading me to get married and I don't wanna and In this wedding it'll be buffet of girls which my mom will clearly won't deny, so I told her I have a girlfriend"

" But why me?"

" Because you're the girl I feel comfortable with"

" but varun"

" No buts, please pari please pari please please please" he begs.

" Fine!" I gave up.

" Where is the wedding?"

"Punjab"

"What!" My jaw literally dropped on the floor.

" Yeah"

"When are we leaving? "

"The day after tomorrow"

" Okay"

"I think I should go now"

"Yeah and thanks for the gifts" I smiled at him.

" Oh and one more thing" he came extremely close to me. I was unable to breathe and speak. He pecked my cheek with his irresistibly soft lips and whispered into my ear

"Bye" he winked and left. I was still standing there like an idiot.

What did just happened?

Sorry for this short chapter.