|0|

"But mom! It was just a party, and Rora was the one drinking shots!" Elena exclaimed.

"Wow Elena, throwing the better sister under the bus, per usual." I spit, glaring at Elena.

"Wait, you were doing shots?" my mom looks at me sharply.

"Only like 4, and I have a high tolerance. If Elena did that many she would be on the floor." I giggle at the thought of Elena dropping to the ground with a shot glass in her hand.

My mothers face contorts into one of fury. I have a tendency to test people, oops.

"This is not funny, Aurora Star Gilbert! You are underage, and you have been out of line far too much lately." the mom yells at me.

"Ooh, the full name, so scary." I raise my hands and wave them in fake  fear, then roll my eyes. 

Elena always does stuff like this, She gets in trouble and then throws it all at me, I mean there is no trust in this relationship when it comes to partying.I'll just have to get back at her by telling mom and dad something she kept a secret from them. Don't fight fire with fire, Elena.

"But mom guess what?" I say with a grin that's too big. Elena looks at me with fear, knowing that this face is dangerous. I taught her well.

"What, Aurora, I'm not up for your games right now," she says with anger. She clearly isn't taking me seriously right now.

"Elena had sex with Matt." I say, smirking, and laugh when Elena widens her eyes in shock. She didn't think I would go that far, did she? Well I'm just getting back at her for all the times she went too far.

That  was pretty much it. My parents always had talks with us about not having sex before marriage, or at least before college. They pushed it into the ground they talked about it so much, so I knew they wouldn't like the fact that Elena did it. This ought to be very interesting.

"YOU WHAT?!" my dad turns to look at us as we start on the Wickery Bridge.

Then I see it, when nobody else is paying attention, both of the parents looking at Elena, my dad clearly not watching the road. The car veers to the left on the slippery, dark road after hitting a sole bump in the road, and because father dearest isn't paying attention, it keeps going that way. We are gonna die.

"DAD, THE BRIDGE!" I scream at the top of my lungs, and he quickly turns back to the seat frantically.

He was too late.

I feel the car hit the side of the old stone bridge, and I scream. The bridge breaks from the sheer force, crumbling just enough for the car to tumble over the edge. I feel my stomach drop as the red car flies over the edge, hovering for a moment, and I feel a huge jolt as the car hits the murky, dark water. Everyone is frozen in shock and I reach for the old car door, pulling it with all my might, but the car is already sinking into the watery depths, and it won't function.

"Shit!" I say loudly, and keep pulling on the stupid door.

Elena is sitting over there crying,her face growing puffy, and her nose growing red, and so are my parents. I feel cold water at my feet, and it rises with every passing second. The water chills my body and I shiver, even though it isn't freezing. My face is emotionless in shock. No, I will not die, not like this. I will not lose my nerve. I pound my fists at the smudgy window as hard as I can, repeatedly. Pain shoots through my arm every time I do so, but I ignore it. Blood now runs down my hands, and there isn't even a crack in the window. 

Why do I have to be so damn weak? Why can't I do so much as  break a window to save us? I feel the murky, cold water up to my waist now, and I scream in frustration and fear. I feel tears well up in my eyes, threatening to fall, but I refuse to let them; for myself, for my family. I have to be as strong as I can be. I don't need any more water than there already is at the moment.

I take my sisters wet hand, and look at her puffy and red face, salt tears streaking down her flushed cheeks in a scared mess.

"I love you Elena, remember that for the last few minutes we have" I say with a reassuring smile, but its forced as ever.

A body moving sob comes from my brunette twin, shaking her being. I feel the relentless water run up my chest, neck deep now. The chill is unpleasant, and I just want to be in my warm bed, safe and sound. I look at my saddening parents, and they are sobbing horribly and trying to comfort us, but more so themselves, and I think, this is my last memory.

"I love you all." I say, my voice tight with the want to cry, and they all smile eerily, not able to say anything in their sobs, but they have love in their eyes, and that's enough.

As the water goes up my neck that is already wet from tears, my face turns emotionless. I don't move as it comes up to my nose. I single tear falls from my face and collides with the water that now almost completely covers me. I can't hear anymore, as it goes over my pounding head and I think one last goodbye to myself before the fight for precious air comes.

It's funny how one moment you are having a completely normal day, and it can turn upside down in a split second. You can go from happy to sad, safe, to the alternative, and alive to dead. All it takes is one accident.

I sit there for a moment, not moving, but then I feel the need for air build up inside me, growing every second. I wince as the burn in my lungs takes over, and I start to see spots everywhere. The last thing I see through the muddy water is a man pulling at the door, I can only just see his pale face. The need for air is too much and I breathe in, only to have water fill my lungs. I choke, bubbles floating to the roof of the car. I feel my vision go dark.

He was too late.