15. Happiness

Usagi just wanted to live a normal life... Though it was her duty she felt as if she couldn't, she was to childish too. She longed to be with Naru again, to skip school sometimes to go to the arcade to Motoki or go after school, then home to eat dinner with her parents, and brother. She liked her new friends, but they only stood by her because Luna had told them all to do so. Sailor Moon was only a way for them to believe... Usagi was filled with thoughts, she didn't like this one bit.

"You look spaced there, bump head." A familiar voice chuckled.

"I'm not in the mood, Mamo..."

"Why so gloom?" He asked.

"You wouldn't understand." Usagi said honestly.

"And what wouldn't I understand." He questioned beginning to get worrisome. Usagi ignored walking on, him catching up with a small trip, "w-wait... Usako." Mamoru called, it slightly stern.

"What...?" Usagi looked at him, since she had been ignoring his eye contact so she could avoid any interruptions. She was irritated, and anxious.

"Can't you tell me...? Tell me... Only me?" He asked again. Usagi shook her head beginning to walk again.

"It's... Girl stuff. I told you you wouldn't understand." Usagi sighed.

"Wait, Usako!"

-

The world a blur, eyes searching, and ears still ringing. When Usagi's eye sight cleared the day sky now unable to be seen, it was dark, and the foggy atmosphere was thickening.

"M-Mamo?" Usagi questioned, "Where are you?" She looked about, but nothing was there, the area was completely taken over by the cloud like fog. She pleaded for Mamoru, but nothing. No birds chirping, no footsteps, just nothing. Usagi decided to stay where she was. Maybe Mamoru was in her state; knocked out. Usagi stood with a groan of pain, She pleaded once again, her voice rising so he could hear her more clearly if they were far apart, "M-Mamo?Anybody...?!" She looked around the area she stood through the fog she couldn't see anything, the only thing she could see was the ground she stood on.

-

Mamo looked around. When did it get so dark on such a bright sunny day?! It was foggy, like the air turned into a hazy atmosphere. He looked around to find Usagi, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen, "Usako?!"

"Mamoru?" A familiar voice called to him, Usagi?!

-

Usagi looked down in sorrow, when her head titled down she looked at her watch, and a light bulb went off, "Maybe if I call the girls they can find me... They might know what's going-" She stopped herself, "I can't... If I do I won't have a normal life..."

"That's right." A voice spoke, it's voice spooky, but desirable.

"What's... Right?" Usagi asked.

"If you want to be normal, you must give up Sailor Moon, and everything that involves her." The voice informed.

"If I just abandon everything... Everyone I met the past few weeks will I be a normal women again?" She thought through the decision she might be making.

"Yes, you can live happily with Motoki, Naru, and your precious family. You will live so much more normal if you gave up Sailor Moon." The person told.

"If I just give her up..." Usagi thought it through. If she gives up Sailor Moon, abandon everything she's been fighting for, ignore her friends... Will her life truly go back to how it was?

"Give up, do you want to be normal? Do you want to be a normal women?"

"Well... Yes... But also... no I-I want to-"

"You must give up the Legendary Silver Cry-B-Being Sailor Moon." The person said more firm, and direct. When the person messed up their words they instantly corrected their mistake.

"But... I want to be normal, really... But I don't know... The people I've met through-"

"No! I mean... You can't.... I mean-You mustn't fret! Being normal will make you the happiest!" As the person spoke Usagi felt weak, herself being pulled into the words of the stranger.

"Yes... I think y-your r-right." She mumbled, and told herself to forget at any costs. Give up Sailor Moon.

"Yes! Yes! Give up the Legendary Silver Crystal!" The person grinned her skin turning green, she suddenly turned into a monster. Usagi, her eyes spinning, followed the monster, being manipulated.

"Usako!" Mamoru called swaying his hands through the fog.

"Give up Sailor Moon, and you'll be happy. Give me the Legendary Silver Crystal, human." The monster repeated many times, slowly, and persuading.

"Usako don't listen to her!" With all Mamorus might her jumped, and used his whole body to knock the monster to the ground.

"Ugh, you disgusting human! Get off me!" The monster screamed with anger, "Please, you, helpless human. I can give you your happiness, and normal life! All you must do is give me the Legendary Silver Crystal!"

"Yes, I will be happy... I will give you the Legendary Silver Crystal."

"Usako, don't listen to her! Your are Usagi Tsukino, you don't have-"

"I will be h-happy." Usagi spoke softly, and delicately. Her voice cracking from the tears forming in her eyes, "I must be normal... I m-must give up S-Sailor M-Moon..."

"U-Usako..."

"I must be... Happy." Usagi smiled through her pain, she grasped her broach, tugging on it with shaking hands. Desperately Usagi, brainwashed, attempted to hand over her broach. Lights flashed from the broach, and Usagi whimpered as if it hurt to so roughly pull at the beautiful broach that clipper to her clothes that began to change to her sailor fuku uniform. Sailor Moon balled not being able to pull it off, the Crystal protecting her. Falling to her knees as she lost her opportunity to find happiness.

"Give it t-to me!" The monster struggled to get up, she groaned in pain as for Mamoru had injured her so badly.

"I'm sorry, I c-can not... It won't budge." Sailor Moon wearily apologized.

"Let me-" The monster about to grasp onto Sailor Moons broach, but was stopped by Tuxedo Mask.

"Sailor Moon! You are being tricked by the enemy! Defeat this monster now, before she destroys your happiness!" He suited man spoke.

"I don't have any happin-"

"You do! Your family, your friends, new, and old care deeply for you! You have happiness! Please see that they are, they are your happiness, and you are theirs!" Tuxedo mask informed. Sailor Moon looked at him with her pink puffy eyes, was he correct.

"We care for you, and love you Usako! We will protect your happiness as you do ours." His words were so sweet, gentle, calm, and sincere it made Sailor Moon flush slightly. The happiness he speaks of, her happiness must be that exactly.

"I will protect you, my happiness..." She whispered to herself. She threw a punch at the weak mister, and pulled out her rod.

"Moon... Healing Escalation!"