10. Rose

"I hate this." Usagi grumbled with annoyance.

"I'm sorry, Usagi, but your little vacation had to end sooner than later." Motoki snickered, "I apologize."

"I guess it's fine, I do need the money." Usagi sighed.

"Mhm." Motoki patted Usagis head, "I'll be moving back here to work with you in a few days, but till then your on your own, okay?"

"Okay." Usagi smiled up at him as he smiled back down at her.

"See you in a few!" Motoki called as he exited.

Usagi tapped her fingers against the front counter. Bored out of her mind from the long day, she'd returned to work only to be a slave to the customers that came in. She sighed as she tapped her fingers watching people come and go, just as they had when she'd been there a week before. It was like nothing changed. Some males, 3 of them tall, and buff, entered the arcade, Usagi, not recognizing them acted natural even though they had an alerting appearance with scars trailed against their dirty skin.

"Welcome to the Game Center Crown Arcade." She said quirkily.

"Thanks beautiful." One of them said eyeing her up, and down. The men smirked turning a corner and disappearing behind a arcade game. Usagi sighed beginning to tap her fingers again.

-

Mamoru pushed his fingers through his dark hair, and sighed.

"What's getting over me," he said as he leaned against a wall. He glanced forward to see two familiar faces, Usagis new friends, Rei, and Ami. They were chatting, and giggling like girls do. What caught his eye was they were walking past a cake, and flower shop.

-

"I'm seriously starving." Usagi slapped her cheeks trying to force herself to focus, "your shifts almost over, you can wait a little longer." She explained to herself as her stomach rumbled. She sighed laying her head on her crossed arms that laid against one of the arcade games. No one was there, and she would normally roam when nobody was around. She closed her eyes, and rested; hoping she'd forget about her hunger.

"You tired?" A low voice asked, alarmed Usagi jolted her head up ready to throw a hard punch. Her fist stood in mid swing as she saw it was Mamoru.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She apologized at his scared face, "I thought you were a weirdo."

"Excuse me for being genially assumed to be a weirdo." Mamoru snickered as he teased the blonde.

"Oops, I mean, I thought you were that weirdo from earlier... I mean, you started me, and I thought you were a weirdo cause I..." Usagi sighed in embarrassment as she laid her head back down in her arms, "sorry, I think you understand what I'm trying to-"

"What weirdo from earlier?"

"Just a few men came in here this afternoon, and they were, you know," Usagi shrugged slightly as her tone quieted, "being... Weird..." Usagi lifted her head to find a rose being shown, she looked up into Mamorus eyes.

"I promise I won't let those weirdoes do anything weird to you again." He swore as he gave her the rose. Usagi blushed lightly smelling the beautiful flower.

"Thank you, M-Mamo."

-

"I'm so hungry!" Usagi whined to herself as she fiddled with the roses stem. She walked silently down the sidewalk, it was now pretty dark, and not a lot of people were walking around. Since Usagi was so hungry she decided she'd eat something out. She spotted a cake, and flower shop right across the street. It was beautiful, and had a nature girly theme to it. A sign that hung outside the shop spelled 'Makatos Cake, and Flower Shop' in pink cursive letters, the wood that bordered the door, and window to the shop was painted green. Usagi entered, though it was dark outside, the shop was bright as day.

"Welcome to my shop! We sell cakes, and flowers!" A lady greeted. She had brown hair pulled up into a high pony tail, with a green dress on, she was tall, and beautiful.

"Hello, I'm just here to get a small cake for a quick snack!"

-

"Must've been a long day for you then?"

"Super long, I'm exhausted, and starving!" Usagi said before she dug into her cake.

"You know, I don't just make cake," Makato told, "I sell cake, but I can make all kinds of foods!"

"You are my kind of person." Usagi stated as she ate, a smile pulling at her lips.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Asked Makato. Usagi almost chocked.

"W-what do you mean by lucky man?!"

"The rose, who gave it to you?" Makato re-phrased.

"Oh um h-his names Mamo-Mamoru."

"Mamoru? His names sounds familiar..." Makato grinned, "Is he your boyfriend?"

Usagi coughed, "What?! N-no he's not my b-boyfriend!" Makato giggled at Usagis alerted face.

"Is he nice?" Makato questioned.

Usagis face softened, and she held the rose gently to her heart, "yeah, he's sweet, and very kind."

"People come here all the time with, or for love. I love sharing that feeling of happiness, and love with every customer as well as I can." Makato explained, "I love to see the joy in their faces when they buy my cakes, and flowers."

"That's very sweet, Makato." Usagi smiled warmly at the kind worker, "I hope you find just as much happiness as you give to others."

The two chatted for a while, before it was getting to the time where Usagi had to leave.

"I'm sorry, I have work tomorrow, and I need sleep." Usagi told.

"It's fine, you can come back any time you'd like." Makato assured, "Be carful."

-

Usagi bid Makato good bye, and patted her stomach with her free hand.

"Delicious!" She giggled as she walked forward.

"Usagi where have you been!" Usagi looked down to spot a concerned, and angered cat.

"I'm sorry Luna, I was at work and-"

"Don't apologize, I understand, but you need to take this seriously, Usagi." Luna told, "We have to find the princess, and defeat the dark kingdom as soon as possible!"

"I don't know what any of this stuff even is..." Usagi muttered.

"You can work, but only at reasonable hours, and you can not be pre occupied with boys, hanging out, and such as that! This is more important than you could ever imagine, Usagi!" Luna hissed. Usagi sighed feeling as though this was to much for her to handle.

"I'm not really suit-"

"We have to get home at once." The small black cat walked forward in the direction Usagi lived.

"I can't find a princess, or defeat a kingdom. I'm one person, one girl, I'm not this hero that can save the world." Usagi spoke softly, though Luna, nor anyone heard her. Usagi, even though she had a few friends all her life always felt alone, and misunderstood.

"Well, well well." A low voice chuckled. Usagi turned around to see nothing, her eyes widened, "What a pretty pray we have here."

"L-Luna?" Usagi searched for both Luna, and the scary voice trying to contact her, but again nothing. Yet there was the voice haunting her.

"Don't fret, beautiful, this'll be fun."