Chapter 8

Okay, so... I'm REALLY getting into this book again.. I have so much planned. :) So, yeah... Thanks for reading. :D

**

We entered the kingdom and drove through, people on the sides of the road waving what I assumed was the countrys national flag. A red border, then a blue one on the inside of that, White inside the center then a dove. These people were cheering, though I saw a few bunches of people swearing, cursing, being shoved out of the street be police officers... This is probably what the security is for.

*

We entered the estate which was magnificent and stood right next to another which Sophie told me was where the duke and his family lived. We pulled up infront of the house and I grabbed my bag and walked to the polished wood doors slowly before pulling the brass handles wich led to a magnificent foyer. With shining floors and tall marble columns. Vases filled with exotic, and beautiful flowers. Women and men dressed in suits and powder blue uniforms moved around. Dusting, cleaning, and organizing.

The front doors opened again and Sophie entered, she turned to look at a woman, about her late 50's mid 60's "Maggie, are mother and Father home?" "No, Miss, they're in England, talking with the queen." Wow, I thought... The Queen of England. Amazing. Maggie came towards me and held out her hand to shake I took it. "Maggie Barnes, Miss, Nanny and Head maid, Though I guess you missed out on the nanny part." She chuckled lightly, "If you ever need anything just come to me." I smiled, "Thank you." and I turned to walk away, "Oh, watch out for that-" I ran into a table with a vase filled with flowers knocking both myself and the table over. The table got no damage but the vase fell to the ground and shattered, sending some shards into my hands. At least a dozen maids came and helped me up, "Sophia, would you please go get the doctor?" Sophie ran up the stairs. The maids helped me to a chair and then began cleaning up the mess I had made.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Can I help you clean it up?" Some of the maids looked at me as if I had just anounced I was about to go jump off of the Empire State Building. "Oh, no miss, It's fine."

Just then Sophie had come down the stairs with who I assumed was the doctor, he came up to me, "Now, lets take a look," I showed him my bleeding palms, "Ahhh, I see," he pulled out some Hydrogen Peroxide, q-tips, a small plastic bowl with a lid, and a pair of tweezers. We cleaned my hands before using the tweezersto painfully remove the glass from my hands. He then bandaged them and went back up to his room.

I stood up, "I am so sorry, really, I promise I didn't mean-" Maggie laughed, It's okay, Tabitha, we know it was an accident, now, you both better get washed up for dinner, the duke, duchess, and their son will be over for dinner today." Hmm, Sophie never mentioned they had a son... "Umm, Ms. Maggie, could you tell me where my room is?" She smiled, "You can call me Maggie, honey, and up the stairs, down the hall, take a left, another left, a right, and it's the fifth door on the right."

I went up the stairs and found my room with only a little bit of difficulty... How did these people find their way through this place? I stepped inside to find a huge room, walls painted lavender, a magnificent bed covered with golden silk sheets, a large TV stand, and a computer dest with a mac book, new ipod touch, and a kind of cell phone I'd never seen before. I grabbed the phone and immediately out Ariel's number in and called her. "Hello?" "Guess who?" " Tabby! You made it, and the new 'rents got you a new phone I suppose?" "Yeah, an dthis room is AMAZING, you should see it..."

We chatted for a few minutes before Sophie knocked on the door, "Hey, it's almost time for dinner, but you may want to change."

She stepped into the closet I hadn't notice and pulled out a dress, made of a shimmery lavender material, it reached to abou tmy knees. I said goodbye to Ariel and tossed the phone on my bed.

"And here,"  She came behind me and pulled my ponytail down. "There, much better." and with that she left.

I got dressed and navigated through the halls to the dining room. At the table were Sophie, a man and a woman, and a boy, about mine and Sophie's age. I assumed they were the duke, duchess, and their son.

The duke and duchess had gotten done introducing themselves when their son stood up "Andrew Greyson Mitchell," He took my hand and kissed it, "Tabitha Faye Richmond" I said. Andrew was cute, but I'd seen cuter. Besides, I could Sophie liked him by the way she blushed every time he talked to her.

*

"So, Tabitha, What was it like, discovering you're a princess?" "Well, It was just.... amazing, I mean one day I'm just a normal middle schooler, the next, well here I am."

Andrew looked to Sophie, "So, you like having a sister, Sophia?" She blushed, "Well, I haven't fouund a reason to hate her. Yet." We all laughed. I had a great time and it was the best meal I'd ever had.

*

After dinner and the Mitchell's had left Sophie and I were walking back to our rooms, talking about different things, I suddenly turned to her and smiled, "You like him." "Who, Andrew? Of course not, we're just friends..." "I know it! You blush every single time he talks to you... You can't deny it, You know you do!" She grinned, "Fine, fine,  okay I do... But I mean... what if he likes you more than me?"

"Hey, you've known him way longe rthan I have, and don't worry, I don't like him that way." I yawned, now I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to bed. You should too, dream about you and Andrew riding off together on a white horse. Good night." 

She was still grining and I could tell she was thinking of him, she walked to her room across the hall, "G' Night."

**

Ugh *YAWN* It's 1:25 am AND i'M SOO  sleepy. :P But I just HAD to get this chapter done... I just really want to start getting to writing the good parts!! :) Love you all! Good night.