Explaining

KARRY'S POV

  When we made it to the Manor, Jason and I went our separate ways. Everyone noticed the tension in the air, but no one brought it up. Quietly, Bruce pulled me out of my room and down to the Cave. I sighed, knowing I couldn't keep anything from him.

  He took a seat beside me and put a comforting hand on my shoulder. I flinched, and Bruce frowned.

  Bruce then said,"Something happened to you, didn't it? What did Talia tell you?"

  I admitted to Bruce,"Bruce, I tried not to listen, but I couldn't help not to. When I was captured, Talia told me that Jason wasn't who I thought he was, and that Victoria was going to take him away from me. She said Jason would gladly go to her any time because she knew things about him that I don't know. Earlier, after you guys left, Jason told me he loved me, but I hesitated. I couldn't say it back. BRUCE, WHY CAN'T I SAY IT BACK WITHOUT HESITATING?!!"

  Bruce flinched at my sudden outburst, but he held my hand saying,"You let Talia get into your head, and you're letting that control how you feel about Jason. Every time you see him, you think Victoria will steal him away and he won't love you anymore. I can't promise that that won't happen, but Jason does love you. I see that. He did have a weakness for her, but I don't know if it's still there; only you can find that out. Talk to him. Then, you'll know what to do next."

  I sighed, knowing he was right and gave him a hug. Maybe I haven't been completely honest with Jason about everything, and I needed to be. Bruce knew from past experience what could happen firsthand.

  So, I pulled away from the hug and told him,"Thank you and please don't tell Jason. I need to."

  Bruce smiled before he nodded and led me to Jason. Bruce called Jason to sit next to me, but he didn't forget to wish me good luck on his way out.

  Jason sat down next to me, but he held my hand and said,"I'm ready to listen to whatever you have to tell me."

  I took a deep breath and started,"I couldn't tell you I loved you, because I was afraid I would lose you. Talia told me that you weren't the guy I thought you were. She said you loved Victoria, and she'll always be the girl you fell for. She knew things that I didn't know about you, so I felt like if I told you, she would do something to you, and I would lose you again."

  Tears poured flowing down my face, and Jason pulled me into his arms saying,"Hey. Hey, you're not going to lose me again. That was the past. Don't let her words get to you. You're strong, confident, stubborn, smart, and shy, but that only makes me love you more. I may not be the same guy, but I'm willing to change; especially, if it it's to become a better man. You are what holds me together, and I love you, baby."

  I gave Jason a loving smile before I snuggled into him saying,"I love you, too, Jay. Forever and Always."

  We stayed like that for quite some time, and Bruce came in, after Jason fell asleep on my stomach. Bruce smiled and winked at me before leaving.

  I played with Jason's hair and stroked his cheek.

  I stopped, and he groaned saying,"Don't stop."

  I laughed and said,"Okay, Jay."

  Eventually, he fell back asleep, and then the doorbell rang. I told Alfred I got it and ran to the door. I opened the door to see her. I panicked and moved to run, but she held me back. Victoria grabbed me and started to choke me. I gasped, trying to find air, but I hoped someone would come help me out with this.
  I tried to get her off me, but nothing was really working. I thought this was it for me, until I felt two strong arms pulling me back. I fell to the ground and tried to regain the air I had lost. I looked up to see Jason fuming.

  Jason ran towards her, about to do something he would regret, but I pulled him back and said,"Baby, please calm down. She's not worth it. Don't do anything you'll regret. Please, Jay, listen to me. Breathe."

  He took several deep breaths and said to Victoria in his nice voice,"Please go."

  She just smirked and said,"Why would I, Todd, so she won't see us together?"

  This time, I went towards her and said,"I know I'll probably see you around, but you won't be putting a hand on him while I'm around, and if you do, you'll regret it, hunny. If I were you, I'd take another glance in the mirror and double check on who really needs a facial."

  Jason looked shocked, but he was impressed at me standing up for myself and him. Victoria just sent me a smirk and left with a huff. With that, Jason rushed to me and hugged me.

  He said,"I'm impressed. This is a new side of you I like. I'm used to seeing you shy and unsure of things, but this is your jealous side; I like it."

  I rolled my eyes and said,"Yeah, Yeah, don't get used to it. It's only going to be shown on her."

  He chuckled and said,"Let's go."

  I followed Jason before I just sat down with him. Jason wrapped his arms around my waist protectively and snuggled into my side.

  Jason yawned saying,"I l..love you."

  I replied,"Love you, too. Forever and Always."

  I'll keep that phrase.

  Even though it didn't end up in a fight, something told me this wouldn't be the last time I would be gifted with another visit from Victoria. Shortly, I started to fall asleep, forgetting all about what had just happened.