Bonus Chapter | Chase Kingsley

Warning: This chapter changes tense. Instead of present tense, it's in past tense. Simply because it is in the past. It is also written in third person. All bonus chapters will be written this way.

From now on, I'll be taking requests of certain scenes you want to see from another person's point of view in the story and every fifth chapter or so, I'll write it as a bonus chapter. And whoever requested it, I'll dedicate the chapter to them. This way, you can learn about the characters on a more personal level and find out things you might not have known if you stayed in Vixen's PoV. But, I have dibs on what chapters I actually write. Comes with the advantage of being the writer~(;

At any rate, enjoy this chapter, my cupcakes. A little sneak peek into Chase Kingsley's mind and the reason he was an asshole last chapter~

 A little sneak peek into Chase Kingsley's mind and the reason he was an asshole last chapter~

The Puzzle |

Pacific University was in an uproar. Surprisingly, it had nothing to do with its newest addition, Chase Kingsley, who had been the center of attention just yesterday. Instead, one of Chase's students was the talk of the building: Vixen Tyler, the quiet girl in his second class.

"There's no way she's a victim," Jeremy Canty, one of the Biology professors, said, his voice filled with animosity. "That freak is always doing things to get herself in trouble; she probably asked for it."

"Jeremy! How can you even say that?" Asia Sandy, an English professor, reprimanded. "She's still at three years younger than him. He shouldn't have hit her!"

Jeremy snorted, crossing his arms defensively. "Please! That little freak and her monstrous friends deserve every bit of torment that comes their way." When he saw her look of utter disgust, he added, "Don't tell me you actually believe that bull she spilled about Noah making fun of that gay kid!"

"It's possible!" Asia retorted, her pretty face tingeing red from anger. "If you think about Noah's past problems, something like making fun of her friend is entirely plausible! Don't you think so, Alice?"

Alice Kaiser, the school's Earth Science professor, looked up at the sound of her name. When she realized she was brought into a conversation regarding the fight at lunch yesterday, she looked from Asia to Jeremy. "Sorry, Asia, but there's no way Vixen's innocent. I know you wanna believe that she's some sort of misunderstood teen, but that's not what's happening here. She just enjoys playing everyone in her pity party with her screwed up friends."

"See? Thank you!" Jeremy said, holding out his hand in her direction, as if she was an example. "They're all a bunch of useless kids, if you ask me. No wonder her parents hate her; I'd kill myself if she was my child!"

"That's awful!" Asia hissed, standing up. "I can't believe you guys call yourselves professors."

The door slammed, and Chase looked at his cup of hot tea with little interest, mind wandering. Yesterday, before he even made it to his first class, they had warned him about a group of students—specifically a Vixen Tyler, a Nicole Sutton, and a Taylor Justice. They had made it seem like the kids would be a handful, like they would snap under the slightest pretense, but the students he had met seemed ordinary to him, just loud and amusing young adults. At least, from what he had studied about human children, it was normal. Of course, that was his first day; who knew what would change today?