She ignored my words and continued saying,"Victoria will be back to steal Jason away because he'll always have a weakness for kind and innocent women like you. Victoria knows things. And because she knows things you don't know, she'll tear everything away from you."

  I stopped laughing because it was time to stop laughing. That was the last thing I had hoped would happen. Victoria was so powerful because she had that effect on whomever she came across. She reminded everyone of the perfect model. The perfect model who got excellent grades in school. The perfect model who was so sure of herself. She wasn't shy and hesitant like me in front of people.

  Don't listen to her, Karry.

  She's just trying to get into your head.

   JASON'S POV

  After all these long hours of searching for Karry, I, of course, got the feeling something was wrong with Karry. The feeling became worse over time, so I told Bruce and Dick to hurry up with interrogating this same assassin. After Bruce got nowhere, he gave me permission to try.

  I worked my magic, and the assassin said,"S...She's underground. The Head said s..something about the Lazarus P...Pit. T...That's a...all I...I k...know."

  We all raced towards the League. Once we reached the door, we were greeted with everything but a warm welcome. The assassins put up a fight immediately, so I silently told Bruce and others to distract them while I found Karry.

  Hold on baby, I'm coming.

   KARRY'S POV

  After getting another beating, I heard a commotion coming from outside. Some men charged into the room calling for backup because there was a major problem.

  I heard one of the ninjas yelling,"BATMAN'S HERE?!!"

  I let out a sigh in relief and thanked God that they finally came for me. After about 30 minutes, I heard Dick knocking on the door and calling my name.

  I yelled hoarsely,"IN HERE, NIGHTWING!!"

  Dick yelled to everyone else before telling Jason to come get me. The door slammed open, and I saw Jason running towards me, but my vision was fading again. They released me from the chains, and Jason caught me.

  Next, I felt Bruce apply pressure to my wounds, while Jason cried saying,"Baby, stay with me. Please open your eyes."

  I tried to reply, but I couldn't.

   JASON'S POV

  Bruce took Karry from me before I headed over to the Batmobile. Then, I helped Bruce put Karry in. Bruce got in the driver's seat quickly and put his foot on the gas, while we all followed behind him.   
  While we rushed Karry to the hospital, I just did my best to remain positive. All we could do was pray and make sure Karry woke up.

   5 HOURS LATER...

   KARRY'S POV

  I slowly opened my eyes to see everyone sitting in chairs around my bed. Stuff animals, chocolates, and cards were lying everywhere as well. I smiled at my family's sweetness and concern before I tapped Jason's shoulder.

  Jason bolted up out of his sleep and noticed I was awake.

  He started planting kisses all over my face saying,"Babe, are you okay? Do you need anything? Are you...."

  I cut him off by kissing him like there was no tomorrow, and he kissed me back.

  When I pulled away from the kiss, I rested my forehead against his saying,"I'm fine, Jason. Thanks to my family."

  He just smiled and got in with me. I turned to see everyone looking at me, waiting for hugs obviously or just to speak to me.

  Bruce and Alfred approached me first, and Bruce said,"We're glad you're all right, Karry. We'll see you at home in an hour."

  They both placed a kiss on my forehead before leaving. Dick was next.

  Dick gave me a hug before he said to me,"I'm sorry, hon. I'll go home and make sure your room's ready."

  Damian and Tim walked up to the bed.

  Damian and Tim took my hands in their own before Damian said,"I apologize for my mother and my grandfather's behavior. However, I heard everything you said, and I do look up to you as a mother. I should also thank you for defending father, so thank you."

  Damian hugged me tightly before he left with Dick.

  Tim stood beside me and said,"I'm still up for the lesson, if you are?"

  I just smiled at him and pulled him close, giving him a hug and a kiss saying thank you. He blushed then left to find Tam and Lucius.

  But then, Jason said,"I love you, Karry. I want you to know that."

  I appreciated what Jason said, but for some reason, I hesitated. I...I couldn't say it back.

  When I saw the look on Jason's face, I panicked and said,"I love you, too, Jason."

  Jason frowned before saying,"Why did you hesitate? Baby, what did they do to you?"

  Jason looked very concerned, but I just replied,"Nothing's wrong, Jason."

  I called him Jason instead of Jay 2 times in a row. Now, he knew something was up. Ughhh!! I was such an idiot. Jason's face went from sadness to anger in a matter of seconds.

  Jason shook it off before saying,"Karry we'll talk about this later. But for now, let's get you home."

  Jason's tone frightened me a little bit, so I did what he said and asked no questions. Now, I definitely wasn't looking forward to going back to Wayne Manor because I was in big trouble.