Prologue

Prologue:

"You pathetic piece of shit!" Screamed her father "Why would you do such a stupid thing!?" His eyes were blood shot and his body shook with rage "Is life really that bad for you!?" His face red "Shhh John, calm down" her mother tried to reason with him, but you could see in her eyes that she was just as angry with her daughter as him. She stood silent with her eyes focused on the floor listing to her father’s curses and her mother’s soft voice "Just don't stand there! Say something!" Her father stood up again and took a step towards her, this time she tore her eyes away from the floor and looked her father in the eyes, his glazed eyes held a mix of emotions, anger, fear, sadness but the one that stood out was the clear look of disappointment he held in his grey eyes, she stared back into them with the look of deep regret written clearly all over her face, suddenly the feeling of dizziness and nausea taking hold of her from the effect on the alcohol as she took her first attempt at riding the filthy poison from her body. Her vomit spilled over the floor because she couldn't considerate on holding the bucket, her father stood up again and walked away from her, leaving his daughter sitting in her vomit, she watched as her mother stared at her for a while then slowly stood up and made her way over to her, she squatted  down so she was eye level with her daughter, she watched as her hand came down hard across her face leaving a visible red hand print, as she got up and walk away, probably to join her husband, that's when the second attempt began, bile raised in her throat and again she spilled her guts this time getting it into the bucket, she didn't blame them for leaving her like that, after all tonight was the night their daughter had tried to kill herself.