Six

"We need to get it out of her!" Monk yells immediately rushing forwards. I'm frozen in place.
"Monk stop. Don't get close." Lin says rather calmly for the situation. Monk obeys and whirls around, clearly confused and frantic. "We don't know anything about this spirit, nor how it managed to get here. We can't risk you also being overcome by this thing." He explains. Monk looks down at Masako's crumpled body, but nods in agreement.
I feel my breaths shudder from fear. If this demon can somehow teleport here then none of us are safe.
"Well then what can we do! We can't leave her like this. She needs a doctor or something!" Ayako speaks up, looking slightly pale. Everyone grows quiet awaiting Lin's answer.
"No doctor can help her." He says after a long pause. He shakes his head looking defeated. "I don't know what we could do without hurting her more."
A loud strangled cough suddenly sounds in the room. I feel myself tense up as I look around trying to find the source.
I felt my heartbeat escalate as it sounds again. My eyes connect with Johns as he too is searching the room. That's when his face grows pale as his eyes sold towards the ground. My gaze follows as we see Masako's body shudder. Her bloodied lips part momentarily as blood oozes from between her teeth. Her small pale frame bends and writhed as she suddenly lets out a blinding not screech.
The sound made my head spin. I kneel down clamping my fingers over my ears trying to stop the sudden vertigo that's overcome me.
I open my eyes to see Masako's lift weightlessly from the ground. Her mouth still stretched open in the scream. Blood dripping down her cheeks and lips onto the carpet under where she had lain.
I stare at the stains as more and more of the maroon liquid drops down. That's when I see the drops were forming something foreign and strange.
Words! They were forming words! My heart skipped a beat as suddenly the scream cut off and she just remained deathly still in the air.
I look at the newly formed words and feel as though I were going to pass out. All they stated was simply;
"One by one I will take over." My eyes widen as Masako's body arches and the hits the ground with a loud and sickening crack.