Three

"Naru is missing?" This news was almost too much for me to process. It made my head spin faster.
"What do you mean he's missing?" Ayako demands. Lin looks at us.
"We were in Britan, when somebody called Naru on case. His parents didn't approve of him leaving again, so he ran off." Lina eyes glint with anger. "Naru had refused to tell me anything on this case. Including that he would run away without permission."
"So how did that bring you here?" Monk asks, looking puzzled.
"Because the most I could figure out on my own is that the case was here. In Japan."
The room grows silent as we all process this.
"How long has he been gone?" John asks.
"It's been three months since I've noted his disappearance." He closes his eyes. "And I'm fearing that he is in danger."
"What makes you say that?" Masako spoke in horror.
"Because my shiki couldn't locate him." I look up at him,
"I thought they could go anywhere you need them to." I say, he nods,
"Well yes... Except for in the cases that the person is..." He hesitates,
"What is it Lin?" John asks politely, though worry filled his eyes.
"Dead... Or possessed." Lin finishes quietly.
"So... You're saying that Naru may be DEAD?" My voice shook I fear and anger. I shake my head, "he can't be, he's Naru!" Tears rise in my eyes, making my was hurt more.
"Mai-" Monk starts,
"No!" Naru's not head, he can't be." My voice goes quiet, what if it is true...
I close my eyes and begin to sob.
Naru where are you?