Two

My head aches. It pulses with every beat my heart gives. Nausea whirled in my stomach from the blinding pain. Everything whirled in the darkness of my closed eyes.
"How longs she been out?" A familiar voice asks. I want to open my eyes to see them once again, but I'm worried I will be sick from even that small movement. I take a short breath, pushing past the nausea. My eyes slide open to light.
"Mai!" It was John, his long shaggy blonde hair covering his forehead, his blue eyes staring down at me. His voice as unique as ever. He looked worried.
"John?" I croak, immediately regretting speaking. A moan escapes my agape lips, as bile burns the back of my throat.
"Are you alright Mai? Lin told me you hit your head, and you're looking rather pale." John says, I stay still, stifling an oncoming gag.
"Do you think you can sit up?" Lin asks softly kneeling on the other side of me. I don't reply.
"Are you feeling ill?" John adds. I nod as softly as I can frowning as my stomach whirls. I clutch my stomach in distaste for the feeling that whirled within it.
John looks over to Lin, not sure on what to do. They elapse into silence as Lin assesses the condition I'm in.
"I believe you are concussed." Lin finally said;
"Great." I murmur and the nausea passes through my stomach again, I let out a low groan. John slowly gets up, his eyes cloudy with worry and his eyebrow a furrowed; I couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked.
But that though passed quickly as my head pulsed from thinking.
"Here Mai, just in case." John says handing me a rather large green bucket. I realize they were going to have move me from my laying position on the floor. Mentally I prepared myself for the worst; vomiting.
"Okay Mai, we are slowly going to sit you up, and prop you against the couch." He pointed to the couch across the room.my eyes widen as I shudder.
"Maybe we should move the couch closer." John suggests giving a faint hopeful smile. Gratitude fills my chest towards John.
With a few grunts and frustrated mutters they moved the couch up to right behind my head. They were careful not to hit me, but my head still ached from the sounds made in the process of dragging the couch.
"Alright Mai, now for the hard part." John says softly looking at me warmly and sympathetically. I feel his hands slide under my back, along with Lin's, slowly they move me upward. The nausea in my stomach turns to flame, I clutch the bucket, as the world spun.
Finally I feel my back press up against the soft beige couch. I want to sigh with relief, but I'm too focused on not getting sick.
Bile creeps up my throat slowly. I close my eyes, and draw the bucket closer. John softly rubs my back, in hopes of helping. It does.
I sit gasping, not aware that I had been holding my breath.
That's when the door slams open, and my head erupts with pain. I lean over the bucket, my stomach squeezing with sickness.
"Hey John, Lin!" It was Monk, I knew his voice anywhere. "Mai long time no see!"
Suddenly I felt a hand rub my head. The pain intensifies. My back arches as I my body heaves, I no longer can control the sickness. I gag as vomit escapes my mouth into the bucket. My body shook with convulsions. More bile leaves my mouth into the bucket as an inhumane groan escapes my lips.
"She may be concussed." Lin says annoyedly. John continues to rub my back as I gain the energy to remove my head from the bucket.
"I'm sorry Mai... I didn't know..." Monk says, his eyes wide with sympathy and guilt.
"It..it's ok." I say weakly. The door opens again, this time more quietly. I saw the familiar red hair and kimono. It's was Ayako and Masako.
"What happened in here?" Ayako says loudly holding her nose. I close my eyes and wince from the volume of her voice.
"Mai is concussed." Lin states again his voice even more annoyed than before. Ayako grows quiet.
"Why are we all here?" I asked softly as I can, stifling a burp in the process. Lin looks down his face suddenly pale.
"I need you help." I cannot help but gasp.
"Our help? With what?" Ayako inquires. He looks up, and stares her straight in the eyes.
"Naru is missing, and I need to find him before the spirits kill him- or worse possess him." Everyone gasps this time. Naru... Missing?!