Unturned

I'm not sure where we are, I haven't known for a while. I just know we're somewhere in Canada, driving through large fields of unwatered crops. Their dead, just like half of humanity. Akiyo thought it would be better to travel out of the states, but its almost worse here. "We're here" Akiyo said as the car came to a halt. I looked out the window to see a white two story house beside a red barn, there were a couple zombies near by but we could manage. We crept past the zombies and into the house. Akiyo instantly started rummaging through the house. But I never liked that part of finding a new home, I simply walked to the second story of the house then placed my sleeping on the left side of a bed in the master bedroom. Akiyo walked into the room and placed his sleeping bag on the other side of the bed."We can't stay here long, someones gonna run into us sooner or later." I cringed at the thought "I know" I said as I played with the large pocket knife I had, its the only thing that's kept me alive all this time.

Later that night I sat in bed staring at the ceiling. This whole time I almost forgot what was happening. I almost forgot who I was. So i went over it in my head. I'm Sora Stein, the year is 2020. When news struck that a zombie apocalypse broke out throughout the world. I escaped my hometown highschool with my best friend Akiyo Yukanna, but most of my friends died. We have been traveling for 1 month, stealing cars and scavenging what food would be left. I feel empty i feel broken.

I woke up early in the morning, I crept out of bed, I didn't want to wake Akiyo. I walked into another room that had a the large window where I could see a zombie, i thought of what his life was like and how peaceful it must have been. "Hi..." I said to the zombie as if it could hear me. Suddenly it growled and broke through a window on the bottom floor, this brought attention to other zombies. They ran through the broken window and up the started to head up the stairs. "Akiyo!" I yelled. I tripped over my backpack and when i looked up i saw about three zombies running towards up from the hallway. "AKIYO" I screamed. Then at the last moment Akiyo jumped in front of me and shot at the zombies. All i could do was scream at every shot. The smoke settled and the only thing you could hear was my panting. "What the heck Sora!?" Akiyo suddenly yelled. "I-Im so sorry" i whispered "I wasted so much amo because of you!" "Calm down!" I yelled back.

"Hey!" A familiar voice boasted. "Jereth!" I smiled then ran to hug him "You're alive!" "Hell yah i am! You fools left me back there!" "Im sorry man, we thought you died" Akiyo apologized. Jereth looked down at the bloody corpses."Well you look like you have everything under control here..." Jereth joked "Not really" Akiyo answered "I just wasted most of my ammo, we could really use your help."At your service" Jereth said as he bowed."Well theres no use staying here, lets head to the next town".

5 Days Later

We arrived at a town called Alberton a while ago and stayed in a house near a lake.

"Lets have some fun" Akiyo blurted one day while we were looking through houses "Okay, like what?" "We'll meet Jereth at the house later. Akiyo and I walked to the edge of town together until we came across an old dock with a large container ship "Here we are" Akiyo said smiling "A ship?" "No, we're going on a cruise" I laughed at the thought that we could go on a nice cruise in the middle on an apocalypse. "Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and lead me through a calm hoard of zombies. We walked across a skinny plank that connected to the boat, I looked down at the water beneath us and wondered how far down it was to the bottom. We entered the ship and climbed stairs to the top where there was a large window. "You could see the whole town from here" I said quietly. I would like to say it was peaceful but it was no where near peaceful. There were zombies everywhere of course, broken down shops and homes, the saddest part was we haven't ran into anyone since Jereth, there were a lot more survivors in America. Akiyo put his arm around me and we stood overlooking the town until it became dark. "Hey guys." Jereth said walking in the room. "Hey how did you know we were here?" I asked "Binoculars of course." There was a long pause as Jereth looked out the large window."Well we should get home, it starting to get dark." Akiyo walked across the room and headed down the stairs.