Chapter 2 (Part 1) Welcome to the Blood-Bank.

Hello, i'm going to put this chapter up in 2 parts, the second part being much longer than the first. Hope you like it! Comment, vote and fan! Thanks! :)

Darkness surrounded me. There was nothing. Silence.

The impatient droplets of blood fell to the floor like raindrops made of solid steel. I felt the warm fluid slide down my tender face, hitting the floor aggressively.

I couldn’t move, my body felt lifeless and limp. My heavy, swollen eyes could barely open, but all that was met was the pitch black backdrop of where ever I was. The pain in my head, so sharp and excruciating, I could hardly remember who I was. I’d been left for dead. I was unwanted, nothing, worthless. I felt dirty and battered, all alone.

Even thinking was painful, but I had to, that is if I wanted to survive. Was there any point in crying for help? Was anyone here with me? Was I alone, forever? The endless and answered questions ran around my mind painfully, I had to give it a try, even if it was pointless.

“Is a.any.b.body th.e.ere?” I croaked, the pain of those three words sent burning waves of fire down my throat “Wha.ats ha.apened to me” I sobbed silently, the small tears cutting through my eye lids like razor blades. I’d rather be dead than feel this pain.

The sound of faint footsteps startled me as I laid in a curled up heap on the floor. The footsteps started to become heavier and closer. The sound seemed strangely familiar, until it hit me. I had been taken by those men in that alleyway last night. The horrific crumbled memories of last night came back to hit me like a blow to the face. What did these people want from me?

The footsteps were very close now. I managed to make out the sound of a key being put into a lock, and being turned very slowly. The clang of what must have been a heavy metal door opened tediously , causing the floor which I was lying on to vibrate slightly.

The immense gallon of light stabbed my eyes, the lights that had now been switched on revealed my location. I desperately wanted to see where I was, but the light was to blinding for me to even open my eyes to catch a quick glance.

My heart felt like it was going to crash out of my chest, I felt my temperature suddenly rise and small droplets of sweat forming on my forehead.

The footsteps were moving towards me, until they stopped just beside my face. I managed to open my eyes just a tad to see what monstrous person had done this to me. My vision was blurred but I could see a man crouched down by my side.

He started stroking the side of my face. His hands were ice cold, sending sharp shivers down my spine. He lightly touched the wound that was seeping blood from my head. He wiped his finger in my blood and wafted it around under his nose before he let his tongue lick of the evidence from his finger.

I let out a silent gasp and tried to heave my body away from the man, but I couldn’t,  I was weak and numb, helpless.

“Oh my poor dear” the man sneered “What are we going to do with you, ey?” he said patronisingly.

“What have you done to me?” I spat, widening my eyes to see the man who was before me

“ Now, now Pippa. All will be explained in time. But for now all you need to know is that I’m Blair and you do what I say” he said with a slight Italian accent to his voice, it repulsed me, everything about him was repulsing. I just wanted to know why I was here.

As he got up, my eyes followed his every move. I studied his face carefully, trying to define every detail. He had a pale complexion, and his eyes were crimson, showing reflections of stained blood. His face was like nothing I had ever seen before ,he looked in his late 30’s no older. His coal black hair was neatly combed back and he was wearing a smart grey suit. This man wasn’t normal, this man was definitely not human.

“What are you” I hissed through clenched teeth, keeping my eyes fixated on his now turned back.

Blair turned round slowly to meet my gaze “Oh sweetheart, silly question isn’t it, I’m a vampire, I thought that would've been quite obvious” He smirked dirtily, the thought of him churned my stomach.

“Va..vampire?” I croaked letting my gaze fall to his feet, there was no way this could be true. This was not real, it couldn’t be I panicked. Vampires don’t exist.

“Yes vampires do exist, bla bla bla, now stop with the questions, they're boring me” he moaned, putting of a fake yawning expression, the enthusiasm draining from his voice “Boys, get her cleaned up” he said turning his gaze to the two men who stepped into the cellar that I was being kept hostage in.

“Yes boss” they said together in unison.

‘Who was this guy’, was the only question that was circling my mind and why did he want me?