Chapter 23: Not To Me

Start from the beginning

Ligeia began to ramble on about how he proposed, what he said, how she wanted Amelia to be the Maid of Honor at the wedding, and their plan to tell Parthenope and Leukosia soon. Amelia was the only one that knew. Though as she spoke, Amelia zoned out. She was crushed. It was official, that both Ligeia and Andre did love each other. And there was no turning back.

Amelia began to fantasize that on the day of the wedding, Andre would snap and finally take Amelia into his arms, proclaiming his love for her instead, and not Ligeia. It made Amelia feel both estatic and disgusted. For thinking such things that could make her happy, but permanantly hurt her new best friend. Ligeia wasn't bad to Amelia, they had become extremely good friends since Amelia landed on the island with the crew.

She didn't want to hurt her best friend who made Amelia laugh, tell secrets to, smile and happy to be her friend. Neither did she want to hurt the man they both loved. Amelia stood quiet, and was happy for the both of them. She would let them go on, even if it hurt Amelia the most.

****

Amelia stood at the shoreline, she wore a light pink short sleeve shirt and a long burgendy skirt that parted down the middle in the front and back, with a smaller skirt attached to it of the same color under the flaps. She stared out into the ocean as she sighed. It had been roughly about 18 years since Ligeia and Andre left the island for a human life. They were both married and Ligeia was baring the child of Andre inside her womb. Amelia remembered it clear as day.

'And 3 months since Andre's death and 13 years since Ligeia's.'

Then, something bright shot in the sunny sky above her. She put the side of her hand on her forehead to shadow her eyes as she looked up. Amelia furrowed her eyebrows as a bright blue cloud of light was shown in the sky. Though the light exploded and a something shot out of it, also in an eura of bright blue surrounding it. Out of reflex, Amelia ran backwards, farther away from the light when it exploded. Though she observed as the small light that shot out, fell into the ocean only many feet away from the island.

"What the...?"

Amelia's gaze lowered to the ocean once again, and she saw something floating, floating towards the island. Finally the something- someone, floated onto the shoreline. Amelia ran to the soaking body and gasped, she jumped back. The girl below her, looked exactly like her deceased best friend and the island's old Queen.

She crouched down to the girl's level and she inspected the girl. Amelia was still shocked as to why this girl looked just like Ligeia, though she then realized the color difference of hair between the two. The girl had dark red hair while Ligeia had blonde hair.

"Red...red just like his hair..." She whispered sadly.

Amelia then grasped at a few strands of the girl's hair, soft to the touch. As she held it in her hands, she then realized, it was the exact same color as Andre's. She began to wonder, and then Amelia pulled open the girl's eyelids and gasped again when she saw the color of them.

'Crystal jade green...Andre's eyes!'

"This can't be...!" She whispered as she looked at the unconscious girl. "But she is."

'Ligeia and Andre's daughter! It has to be! She looks just like her mother in every way, skin, body, face structure, lips, hands, everything! All except...the eyes and hair. They are the exact color of Andre's, her father.'

Then, Amelia began to tremble in anger. The girl before her was living proof of the love Ligeia and Andre had for each other, something Amelia could never have. The girl below her was a reminder to her that Andre didn't love her, that this wasn't even her child either. The girl only reminded Amelia, that this girl, is what caused the love of her life and her best friend to die.